Author Topic: Screen capture as standalone app or using AHMI and PLC  (Read 1905 times)

billerl

• View Profile
Screen capture as standalone app or using AHMI and PLC
« on: October 16, 2019, 10:03:43 PM »
Below is a link to my github SeeThru application.

Configure the coms Edit->Preferences->Use PLC ->Communication. Set IP address and driver. If you're using ControlLogix / CompactLogix, you can pull all the tags in from the PLC to select the PLC address as the trigger. Press Start on the main form to start.

On first run you'll be prompted to create a directory in "My Pictures" folder named "SeeThru" where images are stored.

You can name the images what you like via the text box on the main screen, or leave it blank and a name will be generated based on Date/Time.

Place the form and resize over anything on the screen, like RsLogix (for example) to record what state the rung was in when an alarm occurred or bit/input/output went high.

Or deselect "Use PLC" and use as a standalone app. Click "Save" to capture an image as an alternate to "Snipping Tool"

Under the help menu states the software was made with AdvancedHMI and clicking the "Help" button takes you to the AdvancedHMI website.

Disclaimer: I'm certain there are bugs, I'm no coding guru, and my data structures are terrible. If anyone wants to clone the repo and clean it up, I will not be offended.

https://github.com/billerl/SeeThru