Author Topic: Slow responce to AHMI from SLC 5/05  (Read 2025 times)

Shark13

• View Profile
Slow responce to AHMI from SLC 5/05
« on: August 27, 2020, 10:19:18 AM »
Hello,

I'm having a problem with my first newly designed AHMI. I went live to the machine I plan to use this HMI for and the poll/refresh rate is not nearly as quick as we need. There is almost a delay of 5 seconds at times on click events. The action happens on click but the AHMI is delayed in updated the PLC values. I tried lowering the poll rate from the original setting of 500 to 250 but that did not seem to help at all.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: Slow responce to AHMI from SLC 5/05
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2020, 10:38:16 AM »
Which driver are you using? Even the serial driver should respond in less than a second unless you have a huge amount of controls on a form. Or you have a lot of forms and do not use the code snippet that pauses updates on the non-visible forms.

Shark13

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2020, 10:50:05 AM »
Which driver are you using? Even the serial driver should respond in less than a second unless you have a huge amount of controls on a form. Or you have a lot of forms and do not use the code snippet that pauses updates on the non-visible forms.
Archie, I'm using the EthernetIPforSLCMicroCom. I have alot of basic labels that I'm using to read/write to/from the SLC. Would it help if I sent you my solution?

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2020, 11:14:49 AM »
The Ethernet driver should be quite fast. There must be something else going on. If you want you can send me your solution and I can take a quick look at it.

Shark13

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2020, 11:38:11 AM »
The Ethernet driver should be quite fast. There must be something else going on. If you want you can send me your solution and I can take a quick look at it.

What is you email? I can compress it.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2020, 11:48:31 AM »
Can you put it on Google Drive or OneDrive and share the link with support at advancedhmi.com

Shark13

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2020, 12:04:28 PM »
Can you put it on Google Drive or OneDrive and share the link with support at advancedhmi.com

Unfortunately I cannot do the file share. My IT department will not allow it. I can zip it and send if you want. I tried that already but it said your email provider rejected it.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2020, 12:09:33 PM »
It's not possible to email the projects because they contain .vb files that always get filtered out

Shark13

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2020, 12:10:43 PM »
What would be best then? Do you want screen shots?

MajorFault

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2020, 01:16:15 PM »
Maybe use your personal hardware to transfer files?  Or explain to IT what a terrible idea it is to block the use.

dmroeder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2020, 01:23:32 PM »
It's not possible to email the projects because they contain .vb files that always get filtered out

I'd bet he could probably 7zip it, or zip it and rename the file extension to .txt.  Those will almost always get zips through the email filter.

Shark13

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2020, 02:01:19 PM »

I'd bet he could probably 7zip it, or zip it and rename the file extension to .txt.  Those will almost always get zips through the email filter.
I tried 7zip. I did not try to rename to .txt

Shark13

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2020, 07:41:35 AM »
Can I put the solution in dropbox and share with you?

Shark13

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2020, 09:24:57 AM »
Using my programming laptop as the HMI I do not have the delay. When I transfer the solution and use the new Beckhoff IPC at my machine I have the lag issues.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2020, 09:42:11 AM »
Using my programming laptop as the HMI I do not have the delay. When I transfer the solution and use the new Beckhoff IPC at my machine I have the lag issues.
What else is running on the Beckhoff PC?