Author Topic: Base Package Won't load in Visual Studio  (Read 2129 times)

GB1

• View Profile
Base Package Won't load in Visual Studio
« on: August 05, 2021, 09:59:59 AM »
When I try to load the AdvancedHMI base package V35 downloaded last week with Visual Studio 16.10.4 on a Win 10 machine it won't load.  Here is a screenshot of what I see.

MajorFault

Re: Base Package Won't load in Visual Studio
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2021, 11:02:29 AM »
Did you follow the instructions, one being build?

GB1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2021, 04:41:46 PM »
Yes, I believe so.  In fact, I loaded the first time, did a quick application.  Closed Visual Studio and the next time I opened, I saw this Window (screen capture).

dmroeder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2021, 05:08:06 PM »
Edit:  My reply didn't make much sense after I looked at the error closer..

Edit2:  It has been a while since I installed VS, I remember there being an option that you had to select related to desktop applications.  I don't think it was selected by default.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2021, 05:13:21 PM by dmroeder »

GB1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2021, 03:39:37 PM »
Thank you and appreciate the help.  I will poke around VS.  Hopefully I'm not the only one this is happening to and that there is an easy fix.  I bought all the extra packages and unable to use them until I can get this figured out.  Thanks again.

dmroeder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2021, 10:36:03 AM »
Thank you and appreciate the help.  I will poke around VS.  Hopefully I'm not the only one this is happening to and that there is an easy fix.  I bought all the extra packages and unable to use them until I can get this figured out.  Thanks again.

Your money won't be wasted, we'll help you get it working.  Let me know the results of the "poking".  I'll try to to run the installer and refresh what the important options were.

Godra

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2021, 03:58:51 AM »
Yes, I believe so.  In fact, I loaded the first time, did a quick application.  Closed Visual Studio and the next time I opened, I saw this Window (screen capture).

This issue is specific to your computer, otherwise you would be seeing more users reporting the same issue.

The sole fact that you had it working initially would point to your computer, VS installation or a possibility that you closed the solution while a form was still open. There is another topic showing pretty much the same error and where it was suggested to close all the forms before closing the VS:

https://www.advancedhmi.com/forum/index.php?topic=2656.0

Either follow those instructions or just use a fresh copy of the AHMI solution, place it in another folder and try opening it in VS.

mikesores

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2021, 09:50:55 AM »
Once again, we see that developing a custom web development solution is critical to turning business visions into reality. One of the most crucial aspects of a website is to carefully select the right target audience. A mistake in this aspect of site development can have devastating results on the overall effectiveness and popularity of the site https://mlsdev.com/services/business-analysis. For example, if a site is designed for the sole purpose of targeting young adults, it would fail completely if the same were advertised to a group of middle aged men. This is simply a result of the fact that each target audience needs a different type of environment to thrive and develop.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2021, 04:22:02 AM by mikesores »

Godra

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2021, 03:04:10 AM »
Archie might consider including a note on the MainForm that suggests closing all the forms before exiting the VS.