Author Topic: Tag name with a new Datatype HMIBC  (Read 926 times)

bachphi

• View Profile
Tag name with a new Datatype HMIBC
« on: July 13, 2022, 11:14:22 AM »
With the advance of Panelview 5510, Rockwell introduced  a new data type called HMIBC.

I tried to use it with BasicButton, when pressing on the button, I'd get a 'CIP Priviledge violation' message.

I also tried to access its tag bit/bool level to no avail:  ButtonState, EnableOut, Out.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2022, 11:27:48 AM by bachphi »
===================================================
This is NOT alt.read.my.mind.
No such thing is sh^t-for-brains unless you are posting to alt.read.my.mind.

dmroeder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Tag name with a new Datatype HMIBC
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2022, 01:33:16 PM »
With the advance of Panelview 5510, Rockwell introduced  a new data type called HMIBC.

I tried to use it with BasicButton, when pressing on the button, I'd get a 'CIP Priviledge violation' message.

I also tried to access its tag bit/bool level to no avail:  ButtonState, EnableOut, Out.

I could see where you wouldn't be able to use the tag directly since it is a struct.

I was able to read/write using pylogix, so I think that AHMI should too.  Are you 100% sure that you didn't accidentally create it with external access set to None?

If I write to the Out, it accepts it, but the instruction controls the state of it, so it goes right back to 0.  ButtonState behaves the same way.  ProgFB allows you to change it state.  You can't change the state of EnableIn/Out because the instruction controls those states.

If i delete the instruction from the program, so that only the tag exists, then I can write to the bits.

I don't have a PanelView5000, so it it just exists in my test program.  Maybe once the HMI has its grips on it, then you start getting privilege violations?

bachphi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2022, 01:43:39 PM »
The HMIBC tag external access was set to Read/Write.

Yes, I could set an XIC myTag to turn on the OTE myHMIBC.out.

But setting the PLCAddressClick to myHMIBC.out did not work for me.
This is NOT alt.read.my.mind.
No such thing is sh^t-for-brains unless you are posting to alt.read.my.mind.

dmroeder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2022, 06:53:02 PM »
The HMIBC tag external access was set to Read/Write.

Yes, I could set an XIC myTag to turn on the OTE myHMIBC.out.

But setting the PLCAddressClick to myHMIBC.out did not work for me.

Huh.  Privilege violation is a CIP error code, if the PLC is returning that, there isn't much that can be done from the AHMI side.

I just tried AHMI with a basic button, PLCAddressClick address of _TestHMIBC.Out.  It wrote to it fine.