Author Topic: Broadcast over internet  (Read 1624 times)

PiasaFarmer

• View Profile
Broadcast over internet
« on: September 11, 2022, 06:22:31 PM »
I would like to display a few of my analog and discrete points over internet. I don't want to remote in with another computer to view. Would like to be able to read only and not write a few variables. Like the emailer, but would like to be able to view remotely before alarms. Thought about internet of things (iot). Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

timryder

• Still trying to figure it out
    • View Profile
Re: Broadcast over internet
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2022, 03:09:48 PM »
Don't think you're quite giving enough information for you to get some adequite help. Broadcast would assume that something is listening to that broadcast... is there something? Or do you mean you want to host a web interface where you can display these data points. And if you're suggesting this... do you legit mean over the Internet Internet... or just a Intranet like a LAN?
Still just trying to figure out this thing called Life.

PiasaFarmer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2022, 04:18:31 PM »
Whatever the simplest way is. I was think over internet internet like a webpage. Read only, no write. Then could look at a few of process variables from any device. My knowledge is pretty limited on Local area networks. That is great too, just don't know much about it.  The PC is getting Internet through wifi if that makes a difference. I don't want to remote desktop in.
Nothing listening all the time. Would like to be able to access variables over phone. I am currently doing a ton of emailing to text messages. Would like a way to check variables remotely.
Thanks

Godra

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2022, 11:59:45 PM »
For the Intranet you should check the following topic:

https://www.advancedhmi.com/forum/index.php?topic=2422.0

For the Internet you could use some database like SQL.

PiasaFarmer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2022, 12:11:04 AM »
Yes! Exactly what I was looking for! Thanks! I've never noticed that before or new it existed. I will give it a try.

Thanks again!

Vitor

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2022, 06:57:27 AM »
I use AHMI with OpenVPN in an aplication for pumping system with 3 pumping stations and 5 submergibles pumps, a total of 5 PLCs.

PiasaFarmer

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2022, 03:09:04 PM »
Thanks. I suppose you need a windows device with ahmi running to see and interface with data? Can you access with Android phone?

Thanks