Author Topic: TrendChart PLC Selection Resetting/Not Saving  (Read 400 times)

ivy.z

• View Profile
TrendChart PLC Selection Resetting/Not Saving
« on: July 28, 2023, 12:22:29 PM »
Hi,

The HMI we're working on currently has a couple of BasicTrendCharts on it. Our system uses two PLCs, and the trend charts are set such that they are displaying data coming from PLC 1. However, after restarting Visual Studio or even closing and reopening the MainForm, the trend charts reset their comcomponent selection, defaulted to PLC 2, which doesn't have the address value for the data we want to display. This also happened with a couple of buttons, but those seem to have resolved themselves.

Any ideas of why this could be happening and how to fix it? I'm curious if anyone else has experienced this bug. I have tried just replacing the trend charts, redoing the driver connections, manually changing the properties in the designer code. Perhaps it is also worth mentioning that we have recently started using GitHub for version control, and maybe it's a problem with the changes not pushing properly - but all other controls on the HMI work fine.

Thank you for any advice and thanks for the great software.

Ivy

dmroeder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: TrendChart PLC Selection Resetting/Not Saving
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2023, 06:49:36 PM »
Just curious, maybe I'll try myself, but if you start a brand new simple application with one BasicTrendChart and 2 drivers, does it reproduce the same result?

ivy.z

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2023, 12:52:28 PM »
Just tested it really quickly with a newly downloaded simple application and there were no issues. PLC selections saved properly. Not sure if I can reproduce the error in any reliable fashion.

ivy.z

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2023, 06:57:45 PM »
Update: I realized I was using v3.99x to try to recreate the problem. I switched to v3.99y Beta38, newly downloaded file, and was able to recreate the problem. TrendCharts reset whenever the form is reloaded.

I am probably just going to switch back to v3.99x. Thanks.