Author Topic: Lcoking up or real slow when trying to add and open third form  (Read 1623 times)

Jimlee20

• View Profile
Lcoking up or real slow when trying to add and open third form
« on: November 20, 2014, 02:33:32 PM »
I have tried to add a third form in many different ways with no controls, very limited controls and a lot of controls.  The more controls the longer it takes to open, if it opens at all.  I have no problems with my main screen and my setup screen. 

Each screen (from) adds a new comm driver.  I am using control logix.  Is it possible it is opening a separate instance for each form and that is causing the issue?  If it is, is there a way to set up ONE instance in a global environment?  Any idea what the issue may be?

Jim

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: Lcoking up or real slow when trying to add and open third form
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2014, 02:52:22 PM »
In the code behind the MainForm is a code snippet that stops the updating of data when a form is hidden. It is recommended this code be copied to every new form. It will help the speed when using many forms, especially ones with a lot of controls.

All of the driver instances channel through a common communication layer when the IP address and port number is the same.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 03:16:00 PM by Archie »

Jimlee20

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2014, 05:19:13 PM »
Thank you for your help, I really appreciate it.  It has been over 15 years since I program an HMI in VB, Actually in VB4 and 6 was the last.

I tried that and still have the same issue.  When I initially open a third form it will take well over 30 seconds or longer to open.  The buttons are not updated with the PLC data.  When I press a button it does turn on the bit in the PLC but it stays on for well over 10 seconds then drops off.  After the form is open I can switch back and forth relatively fast but the buttons still react the same way.

Not sure if you have any other ideas or if you would need to see what I am doing.  For now, I will place all I need on two screens.

Jim

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2014, 05:37:05 PM »
You can also try setting the PollRateOverride property to 500 or higher