Author Topic: Project will not "start" on new PC  (Read 1100 times)

Michal_dk

• View Profile
Project will not "start" on new PC
« on: November 12, 2015, 08:14:21 AM »
Hi All!

I developed a HMI a couple of years ago and it has been running flawlesly since.
Now the complete exebition stand has vanished during transport from Denmark to Germany :-(

I am setting up a new PC and will travel to Germany to set up the new system. Since there have been no changes I just copied the project to a USB stick and moved it to the new PC. Now I guess my problem came because I double clicked the Setup file on the USB stick, instead of moving it the the harddrive first. It ran without any problems, but now I have moved the project to the harddrive and when I try to start (using the Setup file again) I get the following error message:

"you cannot start application advancedHMI from this location because it is already installed from another location"

The new PC is running Win7 Proff. 64 bit and is a MSI mini PC and I'm using v3.6.1 of AdvancedHMI

What went wrong? And how can I fix it?

Thanks,

Michal
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 08:19:10 AM by Michal_dk »

Michal_dk

• View Profile
Re: Project will not "start" on new PC
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2015, 08:30:10 AM »
OK, figured it out :-)

It apparently installes on the PC - has that always been the case?

Anyhow! Controlpanel - uninstall AdvancedHMI and I was able to run the setup from its new location :-)

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: Project will not "start" on new PC
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2015, 09:16:30 AM »
This is one of the many quirks of using Publish, hence another reason I encourage just copying the solution directly instead of using Publish.