Author Topic: System.Reflection  (Read 980 times)

aduhaime2003

• View Profile
System.Reflection
« on: January 07, 2016, 07:32:04 PM »
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException was unhandled
Message: An unhandled exception of type 'System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException' occurred in mscorlib.dll
Additional information: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

Has anyone seen this.  I tried to look online to see if there was any relevant information but I am completely lost.  I was debugging the project and things were fine...then nothing works.  I have not a clue.

I am using Studio 2015 for development.  I don't know if that is of any consequence.

Thanks in advance.

Art

aduhaime2003

• View Profile
Re: System.Reflection
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2016, 04:06:27 PM »
It seems like this only happens when 1 page is running a read function and a second page is open at the same time and it is running a beginread function.

The main page in my application is always open and does the logging of the data when new data is available on the plc.  The secondary pages are all user interfaces and some have real time data.  So essentially the datalogging which is being triggered once a second can read at the same time as the update on the secondary page which happens every 3 seconds.  Both pages read a bunch of parameters and the main page reads a block of 130 real numbers. 

Am i just expecting too much?

Thanks
Art

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2016, 06:06:29 PM »
This can be a very difficult one to figure out. Since the error points to the .NET framework itself and not any AdvancedHMI code, it really gives no clue as to where it is occurring.

The version of Visual Studio has no relevance since the .NET framework does the compiling

Which driver are you using and which version of AdvancedHMI?

aduhaime2003

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2016, 12:09:53 PM »
I am using version 3.99a.  I am also using the micro800 Ethernet driver.  I wonder if I have the best version of the framework?  see attached for versions.