Author Topic: PLC simulation with OPC Server  (Read 2417 times)

Nazato

• View Profile
PLC simulation with OPC Server
« on: August 31, 2016, 11:12:45 AM »
I'm a beginner in this area so maybe this is a really silly question. I've been trying to use the CODESYS V3.5 SP8 Patch 2 software to write a PLC program and use the Codesys OPC Server V3 to connect to AdvancedHMI. I'm using the Codesys Control Win Systray to simulate a PLC using my computer. Would the program work fine with only the simulation?

If it does work with a simulation, then I still having some other problems. The message I'm getting is: Failed OPC Subscription Start [OpcDaCom]

I believe I did manage to get the Server Name correct (CoDeSys.OPC.DA) as I'm not getting the Network Error message anymore. I'm just not sure about the variable name and where I have to input then in the PLC Properties panel. I'm using one basic button to activate a pilot light. For the button I put the variable name in the PLCAddressText and for the light in the PLCAdressValue. I've tried the PLC_NAME..IteMName  model for the variables name.

Also, for the OpcDaCom driver I'm not sure what to put in the OpcGroup and OpcTopic. I've attached a screenshot with the debug information if it is any useful.

Thank you in advance for the help

Godra

• View Profile
Re: PLC simulation with OPC Server
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2016, 11:34:01 AM »
You should check the last post in this topic:

http://advancedhmi.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=1a99ca3f0663abbf6a6d2e0f6c3bb1b0&topic=648.msg2968#msg2968

If Matrikon Explorer can communicate with your server then AHMI can do so as well.

Godra

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2016, 01:50:45 PM »
Here is the BasicButton usage in short (for some of its properties):

PLCAddressClick: tell the button what address in PLC it should change after you click the button.

OutputType: set to what you need the button to do to the above address (either write True value or write False value or toggle between the two with each click of a button or write specific value from the ValueToWrite property or temporarily set True or False value while the button is pressed).

PLCAddressText: the PLC address set in here will replace the Text property with its value

PLCAddressHighlight: the PLC address set here will turn the Highlight ON (when True) or OFF (when False)

PLCAddressSelectTextAlternate: the PLC address set here will, when its value is True, override the button's Text property with the value specified in the TextAlternate property

PLCAddressVisible: the PLC address set here will, when its value is True, make the button visible and when its value is False it will make the button invisible
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 02:24:55 PM by Godra »

Nazato

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2016, 10:17:20 PM »
Thank you! Your replies helped me a lot. Using the MatrikonOPC Explorer I managed to get the variables name and make the HMI work.

That was really helpful, thanks again!

If anyone is trying the same and still having problems what I noticed is that you only need the OPCServer, in the OPCGroup and OPCTopic fields you have to leave it blank so that it works.