Author Topic: Need help setting up a Modbus TCP SCADA  (Read 1750 times)

Discyple

• View Profile
Need help setting up a Modbus TCP SCADA
« on: December 01, 2016, 07:24:12 PM »
So I'm trying to build a Modbus TCP app to work with a particular brand of solar inverters.  The inverters have an Ethernet service port on front that you connect to to talk to the them, the service port IP address is 192.168.100.2.  Ok first I'm going to post a few things from the inverter manual:

Modbus Communication Port: 502, TCP

Due to reasons of system stability the period between data requests via the Modbus protocol should be at least 10 seconds, whereby not more than 30 values should be requested.
ADR (DEC) = Modbus start address as decimal value (The address range 0-0xFFFF with 65536 addresses is available for addressing Modbus registers. One register is 16 bits wide. For broader data formats, connected registers are used.)
U32 = A double word(32 bit/DWORD) in the local processor format
S32 = A signed double word(32 bit/DWORD) in the local processor format
32 bit integers are stored in two registers in big-endian sorting.
FIX0 = Output a decimal number, Commercially rounded, no decimal places
FIX1 = above with 1 decimal place
FIX2 = 2 decimal places
FIX3 = 3 decimal places
RO = Read Only
RW = Read Write
CNT = Number of utilized Modbus registers
Display = Scalar or status. Scalar delivers a direct interpretable numerical value whose type is specified in the "Type" column. Status delivers one or more code(s), as specified in the corresponding "Description/Return code".
Type = The value type of the stored value, e.g. DT = date, FIX n = with n decimal places, TEMP = temperature
In the following table, you will find the measured values and parameters, which you can access under the Unit IDs = 3-247 (it's usually Unit ID 3)

So here are some of the things that I would like to access from ID # 3:

ADR(DEC): 30769, CNT: 2, FORMAT: S32, Display: SCALAR, Type: FIX3, Access: RO (this is a current reading in Amps)
(so this takes up two modbus registers {30769 & 30770}, it's a signed double word, it's a numeric value with 3 decimal places, and it's read only) how to I put this into AdvancedHMI?

What I've tried: I added a ModbusTCPcom to my form and set the IP address to 192.168.100.2, the port to 502 and the UnitID to 3.  I added a digital meter and set the ComComponent to ModbusTCPCom1, Decimal position to 3 and PLC address value to 30769, when I try to run the program I get a Com Error - 999.No Values Returned from Driver, what am I doing wrong?

Godra

• View Profile
Re: Need help setting up a Modbus TCP SCADA
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2016, 07:38:57 PM »
Try setting PLCAddressValue to F30769, also try 430769 and/or F430769 (if you get a response on any of them instead of an error that might help troubleshooting).

Also check this topic for common Modbus addressing:

http://advancedhmi.com/forum/index.php?topic=765.0
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 08:50:29 PM by Godra »