Author Topic: Suggestion for a change on ALL controls  (Read 1054 times)

timryder

• Still trying to figure it out
    • View Profile
Suggestion for a change on ALL controls
« on: January 24, 2018, 07:28:10 AM »
I have had several times now where there's something causing one of the controls in my form to constantly keep adding more COMComponents to my form? Everytime I build or make a code change and come back to the Designer, it'll add another one!!  I have looked through each control on my form one by one using VS and each one is set for the same exact ComComponent but yet still it keeps adding them. I noticed in the logic of every control basically if you add it to the form and there is no ComComponent specified that it will add one automatically for you.  I think this is problematic.

Can you either:
A.) Figure out why and fix that
B.) Instead of adding them either do nothing or message box that you need to add one to the form and list the name of the control which is requesting one be added.

Thanks
Still just trying to figure out this thing called Life.

Phrog30

Re: Suggestion for a change on ALL controls
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2018, 09:59:51 PM »
I've had the same thing happen.  If you leave the comcomponent the "stock" name that shouldn't happen.  If this behavior isn't desirable simply disable the code that creates the component.  I don't have VS handy at the moment, but it's easy to locate in the code.

Unwritter

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2018, 11:34:35 PM »
For the information I received, this helped me a lot, and I wanted to know if you would be able to help me with this. Are these more?

larryhts

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2018, 06:09:41 AM »
Timryder,  I am into my third app for a production line.  One app per machine to validate the part to a SQL db and then at the end of cycle pass the production data to the DB. I am using VB with the AdvancedHMI drivers. I have not seen what you are describing. Could you tell us more about it and maybe what you are using?  Thanks