Author Topic: ModbusTCPCom1_ComError/ConnectionEstablished events  (Read 774 times)

MrPike

• View Profile
ModbusTCPCom1_ComError/ConnectionEstablished events
« on: June 01, 2018, 05:21:56 PM »
Archie, I am using 3.99Y Beta 10 for my latest project.  I have found the ModbusTCPCom1_ComError event does not fire based on device ID.  I only get this to fire if I have the wrong IP address but will not fire if the device ID is wrong.  Also the ModbusTCPCom1_ConnectionEstablished seems to act only based on IP address as well.  It will fire anytime the IP address is correct regardless of the device ID.  Hope this makes sense, thank you   

MrPike

• View Profile
Re: ModbusTCPCom1_ComError/ConnectionEstablished events
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2018, 01:57:24 PM »
Hey Archie. Just checking to see if you had a chance to look at this. Just to clarify, a comm fail due to device ID does not fire the CommFail event. On the flip side the ComEstablished will fire as long as the IP address is accurate even if there is an actual comm fail due to device ID. Thank you.

bachphi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2018, 07:39:56 PM »
Why do you care about device ID in ModbudTCP communication which is a client - server?

A Modbus RTU communication, on the other hand  is a master-slave relationship, only the master can start communicate with slave and therefore device ID is important
===================================================
This is NOT alt.read.my.mind.
No such thing is sh^t-for-brains unless you are posting to alt.read.my.mind.
===================================================

MrPike

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2018, 10:01:39 PM »
The device I am connecting to uses a serial-Ethernet gateway for communications. So ID is important on the serial side of the network.  I do not have any means to connect to the serial network so I must use TCP. Thanks.