Author Topic: Looking to hire person for AdvancedHMI, RS Logix 500 experience  (Read 755 times)

Gper

• View Profile
We are a small business (<15 people) that had SLC 5/03 units installed 20 years ago.  All still work fine, but we are in need of someone (that we will pay) to help write a new front end HMI program (in Visual Studio) that will interface with the Ladder Logic program living inside the SLC.  The SLC program is fairly straightforward, but since we do not have (or intend to buy) RS Logix 500 / 5000, it makes more sense to pay a professional who already owns a licensed copy of this software and that person can connect remotely to our SLCs (I already have a remote system in place that works, as long as the other person has a licensed copy of RS Logix).

Please direct message me if interested.  Please include as much background as possible and your hourly rate.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: Looking to hire person for AdvancedHMI, RS Logix 500 experience
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2018, 04:13:26 PM »
Where are you geographically located because it may be advantageous to find someone close? You could also email sales at advancedhmi.com to get a quote for your project.

Gper

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2018, 05:47:10 PM »
We are in Detroit, Michigan.  However, like I said, I have successfully set up a Serial to Ethernet bridge whereby the person running RS Logix can be wherever and connected to our network via VPN, and able to access the PLC as if it were connected to their PC via a local serial cable.

bachphi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2018, 06:51:46 PM »
Archie would be the right person!!!

What kind of Serial to Ethernet bridge? RTA or rockwell?

===================================================
This is NOT alt.read.my.mind.
No such thing is sh^t-for-brains unless you are posting to alt.read.my.mind.
===================================================

Gper

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2018, 07:58:37 PM »
We use this https://www.eltima.com/products/serial-over-ethernet/
and have successfully had a person VPN into our network, then "see" our SLC as if it were a local serial port on his PC.