Author Topic: Changing Com Component  (Read 3685 times)

PiasaFarmer

• View Profile
Changing Com Component
« on: August 18, 2021, 01:38:27 PM »
I upgraded from a SLC 5/03 to SLC 5/05 witch has ethernet  ;D. I am looking for an easier way to move all communication to the new ethernet com component that doesn't involve doing every single basic label, etc., manually. Any help would be appreciated. Even if not possible.
Thanks,
Kevin

Noe

• View Profile
Re: Changing Com Component
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2021, 02:37:34 PM »
Your 5/03 was using the serial port to communicate with AHMI? Because as far as I know there is no component to communicate through DH+.

If so, and if you were using AHMI and the SerialDF1forSLCMicroCom, then it should be just matter of change each control's com selection after setting up your Ethernet com control. If you have too many visual controls that require this change, try by selecting all those who are the same type (like all the basiclabels) and see in the propierties page if the common controls can be changed.

PiasaFarmer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2021, 04:31:11 PM »
Yes, that is correct. Df1 was used before. I figured that was the easiest way. I tried to rename the Ethernet as the original com component. All controls and labels followed the name of original com component.  ::)
     Unfortunately I have picture boxes, etc I will have to un select. Otherwise com component will not show up on properties. Have some busy screens. Thanks for the reply!

Noe

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2021, 06:12:03 PM »
Another option is to use the find and replace on the project, to change the com component name in all controls.

dmroeder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2021, 01:22:19 PM »
Your 5/03 was using the serial port to communicate with AHMI? Because as far as I know there is no component to communicate through DH+.

The SLC 5/03 does not have a DH+ port, only the 5/04 does.  The 5/03 has a DH485 port.

Noe

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2021, 09:42:43 AM »

The SLC 5/03 does not have a DH+ port, only the 5/04 does.  The 5/03 has a DH485 port.

You are correct, my mistake. But still should be the same situation, as he is using DF1.