Author Topic: AdvancedHMI-MainForm.vb  (Read 1538 times)

Jaguar

• View Profile
AdvancedHMI-MainForm.vb
« on: October 04, 2021, 01:25:41 PM »
I have a build project, which I have used many times in the past. Not opened the project recently. This morning, I opened the project (MainForm.vb) and getting message (screenshot attached). Also, do not see any toolbox (even pressing Ctrl + Alt + X). However as I click Start on the solution explorer, the project opens up. As per direction on the form for possible fixes, I visited this https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/desktop/winforms/controls/design-time-errors-in-the-windows-forms-designer?f1url=%3FappId%3DDev15IDEF1%26l%3DEN-US%26k%3Dk(WhyDTELPage);k(TargetFrameworkMoniker-.NETFramework,Version%253Dv4.0)%26rd%3Dtrue&view=netframeworkdesktop-4.8.

Would appreciate any help to resolve the issue

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: AdvancedHMI-MainForm.vb
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2021, 10:09:18 AM »
- Open project in VS
- Window-> Close All But Tool Windows
- Exit VS

Follow these steps:

https://www.advancedhmi.com/forum/index.php?topic=1062.msg5555#msg5555

Jaguar

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2021, 03:30:57 PM »
Thanks Archie, for your response. I did as per the link. could not find AdvancedHMI.sou. After that as I opened the project from Visual Studio, getting following errors message (attached).

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2021, 08:41:23 PM »
Can you post a screenshot of Solution Explorer?

Jaguar

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2021, 03:39:30 PM »
Hi Archie,

I think this may be the issue.

In my computer I have a Blend for Visual Studio 2017 & Visual Studio 2017. Normally I use Visual Studio 2017 to open AdvancedHMI projects. Last time I opened the project through Blend for Visual Studio (the screenshots I attached are all from using Blend for Visual Studio). That might have messed up the components. I looked at MainForm.Designer.vb. The components for which errors displayed were missing from Private Sub InitializeComponent().

I deleted that AdvancedHMI project. I have a back up copy of that project. I opened that project from Visual Studio 2017. That is working fine so far.