Author Topic: having troubles reading register over ModbusTCP  (Read 1003 times)

MrPike

• View Profile
having troubles reading register over ModbusTCP
« on: January 02, 2015, 09:54:17 PM »
Hey Archie, Im having trouble with a register in my controller that I am trying to read the value with a basicLabel but I keep getting the "COMM ERROR 3- Illegal Data" message.  The Basiclabel intermittently reads the value but switches back and forth between it and the error message.  I tried adjusting poll rate with no luck.  I also made it a float and it does return a value without the error message but that does me no good.  Once again I went back to v3.70 because this worked before and bingo, it worked fine. I need to mention that I have several other BasicLabels communicating to this device just fine and Im using v3.94, it only seems to be this one register(so far).  Modscan reads it fine.  I attached some screenshots.  Any ideas??  Thanks

MrPike

• View Profile
Re: having troubles reading register over ModbusTCP
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2015, 10:01:49 PM »
Upon more testing I found that v3.94 seems to read the register on the first time the screen loaded then goes to the error message and never updates after that.  Thanks 

MrPike

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2015, 10:39:02 PM »
OK,OK  Im did some more debugging and found that the if the Basiclabel is placed on the main form or the second form it works fine and updates like its supposed to.  The same basicLabel on the third page returns the error message, hope this helps.  Thanks 

elirofu

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2015, 03:41:34 PM »
Hello,

I have the same problem in the 3.98d and I cant get it to work.

Help please.

I have a Red Lion Controls PTV as slave Modbus tcp.