Author Topic: AHMI Crashes  (Read 1449 times)

geneshults

• View Profile
AHMI Crashes
« on: February 01, 2015, 09:48:02 AM »
Hello

AHMI crashes.
Great program when it's working but for no reason I can see program  crashes.
What I get is as follows:

Warning   1   The variable 'DF1Comm1' is either undeclared or was never assigned.      0   0   
Warning   2   The variable 'DF1Comm1' is either undeclared or was never assigned.      0   0   
Warning   3   The variable 'DF1Comm1' is either undeclared or was never assigned.      0   0   
Warning   4   The variable 'DF1Comm1' is either undeclared or was never assigned.      0   0   
Warning   5   The type initializer for 'AdvancedHMIDrivers.EthernetIPforPLCSLCMicroCom' threw an exception.      0   0   
Warning   6   The type initializer for 'AdvancedHMIDrivers.EthernetIPforPLCSLCMicroCom' threw an exception.      0   0   
Warning   7   The type initializer for 'AdvancedHMIDrivers.EthernetIPforPLCSLCMicroCom' threw an exception.      0   0   
Warning   8   The type initializer for 'AdvancedHMIDrivers.EthernetIPforPLCSLCMicroCom' threw an exception.      0   0   
Warning   9   Assembly 'support\MfgControl.AdvancedHMI.Controls.dll' is incorrectly specified as a file.   AdvancedHMI

WHat may be causeing this??
And what do I need to do to correct?

What I'm using is as follows:

MicroSoft Visual Studio 2010
Version 10.0.3019

MircoSoft .NET Framework
Version 4.0.3019

Thanks
Gene

pal

• View Profile
Re: AHMI Crashes
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2015, 11:29:01 AM »
To help his response , Archie will find the version No. of Advanced HMI you are using very helpful .
Paul

geneshults

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2015, 12:54:28 PM »
Hi Paul

The version that I've had less problems with is AdvancedHMIv35.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2015, 01:17:43 PM »
Is it crashing while an application is running or is it while you are designing and developing with Visual Studio? Visual Studio is known to have some issues especially since AdvancedHMI is source code. If it is crashing while running, you should get a box showing an I handled exception that gives you an option to view more details

geneshults

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2015, 01:52:58 PM »
It is happening while in design mode.
when the application is running no problem. Runs great.
Went back to design something else and this started.
Had problems before but was able to get through it.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2015, 02:46:04 PM »
This can commonly occur if you have a form open and perform a Rebuild All. VS will delete all of the components before building, then the open form tries to refresh before all of the components are rebuilt, therefore it tries to refresh a form with components that don't exist.

Most of the time you only need to close all of the open forms then restart Visual Studio. If that doesn't fix it, then the next thing to try is to delete all of the \bin and \obj directories.

I find the best way to keep from choking up Visual Studio is to only perform a Build after you start creating a Solution and avoid using Rebuild All.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 05:54:25 PM by Archie »