Author Topic: Image Display  (Read 4242 times)

pal

• View Profile
Image Display
« on: June 12, 2015, 04:34:43 PM »
I recently aquired a tablet with windows 8.1 and deployed a project ( V398n ) on it . The project itself worked great - it was for an AB L32E over ethernet . All the buttons , basic labels messages all worked just fine . Thanks Archie !
Unfortunately , the background images did not display . Even the AHMI logo on the Main form (Top left ) did not display ( I'm so pleased with AHMI that I put the Logo on every form I develope ) . Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong . ( These images all display when the project is deployed on a  Win XP PC ) .

Paul

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: Image Display
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2015, 05:26:40 PM »
Have you tried different image formats such as jpg or bmp to see if it's related to any particular format?

pal

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2015, 05:45:13 PM »
I'll try tommorrow. Thanks for the quick response !

Paul

pal

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2015, 04:18:39 PM »
Started with a fresh copy of V398n , Built it as is with no changes , and deployed on a WinXP  PC . Your Advanced HMI logo showed OK . Deployed it on the Win 8.1 Tablet and no logo , just the text in the bottom left hand corner . Help ! (This is the 1st time I've used 8.1 , so I'm probably doing something wrong .

Paul

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2015, 04:26:31 PM »
I've ran applications on Windows 8.1 on various hardware platform and haven't came across this problem. My first suspect is a missing codec for PNG images which is what the logo is. I would add a picture box to the form and put in a jpg image to see if it shows up.

pal

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2015, 04:28:43 PM »
I,ll try that .

Paul

pal

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2015, 04:51:15 PM »
Yes - that worked . Where do I find your logo to convert it to jpeg ?

Paul

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2015, 05:09:16 PM »
You should be able to find it in the AdvancedHMI\Resources folder

pal

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2015, 05:14:33 PM »
Thanks - and  thanks for the VERY quick response  Archie .

Paul

pal

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2015, 11:03:10 AM »
Archie I've now had the chance to play with the images and the reason they are not showing is that when I  upgrade to a newer version , the references to the image is not updated . Using the developement PC to test shows no problems but when deployed , the image isn't found . When I did a quick test , in an earlier reply , it was a new image in the latest version .

Paul

Nimesh

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2015, 07:28:09 AM »
hi,Archie,
I have never used AHMI with windows tablet,i am wondering how can i connect ehthernet/usb(serial) cable to tablet.
also pl. let me know how can i connect tablet and/or laptop wireless(wiffi) with plcs with (DB-9) serial or ethernet interfaces.

thanking you.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2015, 09:42:15 AM »
hi,Archie,
I have never used AHMI with windows tablet,i am wondering how can i connect ehthernet/usb(serial) cable to tablet.
also pl. let me know how can i connect tablet and/or laptop wireless(wiffi) with plcs with (DB-9) serial or ethernet interfaces.
The easiest way is to use a wireless router connected to your PLC, then connect the tablet to the wireless.

For a serial connection, you will need a tablet with a USB port and use a USB-RS232 adapter.

Nimesh

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2015, 04:35:06 AM »
That means, Only PLCs with ethernet port can be contacted through wifi as separate node in wifi network and is accessible through any(more than one)member of the same network .is it right?

And for USB to serial I need mini USB to big USB cable and then I need USB to serial cable?.because tablet comes with only mini USB port.is this right.?

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2015, 08:29:44 AM »
That means, Only PLCs with ethernet port can be contacted through wifi as separate node in wifi network and is accessible through any(more than one)member of the same network .is it right?

And for USB to serial I need mini USB to big USB cable and then I need USB to serial cable?.because tablet comes with only mini USB port.is this right.?
You may be able to use an Ethernet to RS232 converter connected to a wireless router, then install a driver that maps the device to a COM port.

Nimesh

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2015, 07:35:59 PM »
hi archie,
This may be off track question. sorry for that.
but i have Micrologix 1100 i have connected it to wiffi router (linksys n300). how can i configure wiffi network to connect AHMI(laptop)?do i need to connect  router with internet or without connecting internet i can connect AHMI(laptop) in local configuration.
if any body have done wireless connectivity pl guide me.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 12:28:08 AM by Nimesh »