Author Topic: Image Display  (Read 4243 times)

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: Image Display
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2015, 07:54:32 PM »
hi archie,
This may be off track question. sorry for that.
but i have Micrologix 1100 i have connected it to wiffi router (linksys n300). how can i configure wiffi network to connect AHMI(laptop)?do i need to connect  router with internet or without connecting internet i can connect AHMI(laptop) in local configuration.
any one have done wireless connectivity pl guide me.
Set your ML1100 to DHCP so it will get an IP address from the router. Then connect your laptop to the wireless router as connecting to any wireless hot spot. Using the front display on the ML1100, get the IP address of the PLC. Then use that IP address for the driver in AdvancedHMI.

You do not need the router connected to the internet.

Nimesh

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2015, 02:56:42 AM »
Thanks Archie ,
I tried it with my laptop and works fine.
I have one questation about DHCP as it changes IP address dynamicly then we need to change AHMI communication settings every time If your IP is renew(changed ) by DHCP.

Is it possible to change/modify communication settings on the run without building project in Visual studio  (com port for rs232 and IP address  for ethernet )

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2015, 04:07:41 AM »
I have one questation about DHCP as it changes IP address dynamicly then we need to change AHMI communication settings every time If your IP is renew(changed ) by DHCP.

Is it possible to change/modify communication settings on the run without building project in Visual studio  (com port for rs232 and IP address  for ethernet )
Your router probably has a setting that will let you set the same IP address to a particular MAC ID. Look up "DHCP Reservations" in your router's manual.

There are a couple way to change the driver IP after compilation:

http://advancedhmi.com/forum/index.php?topic=781.0

http://advancedhmi.com/forum/index.php?topic=943.0