Author Topic: advancedHMI VB WPF project "missing components from AdvancedHMI"  (Read 2403 times)

hektop

• View Profile
I just installed the latest advancedHMI version which is AdvancedHMIBetaV399a. I am using Visual Studio Community 2015 to develop this project. I added a new WPF VB project into the solution, added the AdvancedHMIDrivers and MfgControl.AdvancedHMI.Drivers reference into my project. I gave some logic to my program and started reading tags from the PLCs. I was able to run it using the debug mode with no problems, everything works as expected using the debug mode. The problem comes when I try executing the .exe file that VS generates, the one the end user will need to run. The one that is located under bin\Debug or bin\Release. The error I am getting is the following "Missing componets from advancedHMI. c:\Path\To\My\bin\Release"  :o . I am not sure if it is not possible to run WPF projects under this solution or if I am missing some configuration.

By the way Archie you have done an excellent job with this project. I already voted for AHMI in http://theautomationblog.com/question-of-the-week-which-pc-based-hmi-scada-software-do-you-prefer/

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: advancedHMI VB WPF project "missing components from AdvancedHMI"
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2015, 05:31:45 PM »
AdvancedHMI is not really designed to be compatible with WPF. The controls are all WinForms controls. When you try to run your WPF app, it is unable to find all of the controls, therefore giving you the missing components message.

If you are able to run it within Visual Studio, then the best option is to deploy it based on our recommended deployment method, which is to copy the complete solution to the target machine and create a shortcut to the \bin\debug\AdvancedHMI.exe file or the executable of the project you added. This seems like a lot to copy, but it serves multiple purposes. One is that it guarantees compliance with the license and the other is to make sure that someone else in the future that comes along will be able to get the full solution from the machine even if the developer is long gone or no one knows what happened to the code.

hektop

• View Profile
Re: advancedHMI VB WPF project "missing components from AdvancedHMI"
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2015, 05:55:54 PM »
Archie, thanks for your quick reply. I will switch back to WinForms as suggested. Thank you.