General Category > Application Showcase

AdvHMI with ModTCP , ASP.net & SQL

(1/2) > >>

ShriramPendse:
Hi ,

A very basic prelim application trial using AdvHMI as Server connected to ModTCP PLC , SQL server for dataexchange  between ASP.net clients and PLC .

Runs OK to some extent , but lot of further development required to make it Deployable & reliable enough to give it to client.

Screenshot attached.

Archie:
Nice work! A lot of people will be interested in how you implemented the web interface.

ShriramPendse:
Sure ,

I am still working on it . Once it comes to workable form I will post code .

But meanwhile others can try how this is organised .

AdvHMI at local PC has application to communicate with PLC and works as a  usual SCADA station.

This PC has SQL Server database having a table with only one row as latest values all tags that you need to monitor on WebClients .
AdvHMI appln UPDATES these values after reading those from PLC at whatever interval you desire (100 tags every 500 Ms or so).
There is another table, "commands" ,  having three Columns , TagID , Address and value .
Our AdvHMI appln keeps looking for "Commands" table for any new commands issued by clients . If it sees new commands , it writes these to PLC . After executions these could be marked done or simply deleted .

A simple web application made in ASP.net gets data from the SQL database values table and displays on screen. It is deployed on IIS .

Now comes tricky part ,  user actions on web page to write to PLC , actually write to SQL commands table .

Our AdvHMI appln keeps looking for "Commands" table for any new commands issued by clients . If it sees new commands , it writes these to PLC . After executions these could be marked done or simply deleted .

This mechanism WORKS , now to make it deployable various checks and balances are to be made . It is quite OK within company network over LAN. Over internet there are issues like static IP , Firewall ,  security , reliable connection etc.

Hoping for the best .

Mikefly95:
Currently working on a similar project.

tony:
I have been thinking about this for a while. Please do keep us informed. Its good stuff.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version