Author Topic: Minimum required to read CLX data  (Read 1950 times)

bosko1978

• View Profile
Minimum required to read CLX data
« on: March 07, 2016, 11:58:15 AM »
I want to create a new project and read data from a CLX PLC.  I don't want to add the whole AHMI solution to my project.  What is the procedure to add JUST the ethernet driver and be able to create a EthernetIPforCLXCom() PLC connection?

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: Minimum required to read CLX data
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2016, 12:31:23 PM »
It is not possible and also the software license does not allow the separation of components from the main solution.

When the next major release is finished, there will be independent drivers available for purchase from the main web site.

bosko1978

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2016, 02:04:39 PM »
OK thanks for the information.  I look forward to the release.

hektop

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2016, 04:32:12 PM »
This sounds great Archie, will it be a DLL? If so WPF projects could be created using it. I am very interested if this is the case.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2016, 05:58:10 PM »
The goal is to make them compatible with WinForms, WPF, and UWP applications. Compatibility with UWP means they will work across all Windows 10 platforms including Windows 10 IOT Core on the Raspberry Pi.

hektop

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2016, 06:52:16 PM »
Great! I like the IoT part. Please keep us posted on this.

pa2122

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2016, 11:30:30 AM »
The goal is to make them compatible with WinForms, WPF, and UWP applications. Compatibility with UWP means they will work across all Windows 10 platforms including Windows 10 IOT Core on the Raspberry Pi.

Is there any more on this. I am very interested in a driver for Windows 10 Iot. I have a few ideas for a simple display on a Raspberry Pi.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2016, 11:36:01 AM »

Is there any more on this. I am very interested in a driver for Windows 10 Iot. I have a few ideas for a simple display on a Raspberry Pi.
It will be about 6 months out. At this point there has only been prototypes made to prove that it will work.