General Category > Tips & Tricks

Hear Your Alarms, not just an annoying buzzer

<< < (2/3) > >>

ijones:
I realize this thread is a couple months old but was wondering if I am doing something wrong.
I have the message speaking to me, but.. it appears that it is storing triggers each time it gets data from the plc (using modbustcp if that makes any difference) and will repeat the same message as long as it takes to speak it as many times as it was triggered from the plc even though the plc may have changed the value and a new message is now supposed to be heard.
The text for the message changes instantly as it should but it continues to speak the old message until it goes through the number of times it received it from the plc then starts speaking the new message the number of times it was received! I can see where in a very short time it could take forever to go through the numbers of triggers that are stored... Any ideas?

Fun stuff!!

Archie:

--- Quote from: ijones on November 18, 2013, 09:53:19 PM ---I have the message speaking to me, but.. it appears that it is storing triggers each time it gets data from the plc (using modbustcp if that makes any difference) and will repeat the same message as long as it takes to speak it as many times as it was triggered from the plc even though the plc may have changed the value and a new message is now supposed to be heard.
The text for the message changes instantly as it should but it continues to speak the old message until it goes through the number of times it received it from the plc then starts speaking the new message the number of times it was received! I can see where in a very short time it could take forever to go through the numbers of triggers that are stored... Any ideas?

--- End quote ---
I'm not sure if there is a way around this. The voice messages run asynchronously and cued up, so if your messages change faster than they can be spoke, it will become an issue.

I will test some things out to see if I can resolve this

oqapsking:
how to use the speak thing?

how to set it up ?

Phrog30:

--- Quote from: oqapsking on May 08, 2017, 10:49:01 AM ---how to use the speak thing?

how to set it up ?

--- End quote ---

All you really need is this:

--- Code: ---Private Sub Alarm_Speech()

Dim SAPI = CreateObject("SAPI.spvoice")
        SAPI.Speak(alarmName)

End Sub
--- End code ---

"AlarmName" is the string/text

Archie:
In the MessageDisplayByValue, set the SpeakMessage property to True.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version