Author Topic: Newbie Questions  (Read 3039 times)

JohnnyTronic

• View Profile
Newbie Questions
« on: April 30, 2016, 09:16:06 PM »
couple of starter questions:

1. How is trending in Advancedhmi. Is it like, let's say wonderware, where i can view multiple points on the same trend and go back in time? Trending is the most important part of an HMI when it is time to troubleshoot.

2. Where is a good tutorial on visual studio 2015? I see a million tutorials for multiple kinds of visual basic or studio, has someone already waded through this and found a tutorial that gives me start with visual studio 2015?

thanks

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: Newbie Questions
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2016, 10:00:34 PM »
The ChartBySampling, which is the equivalent of a trend chart, does not save data for rewinding. Once it reaches the number of points as indicated by MaximumActivePoints, it clears the oldest point out of memory.

A user had come up with a clever way of adding scrolling to go back, but I cannot find the post with the code modifications.

JohnnyTronic

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2016, 11:31:05 PM »
hi, I put this in the wrong section, can you move to another section? This is not a feature request.

Godra

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2016, 11:17:48 AM »
This might be the topic Archie mentioned: http://advancedhmi.com/forum/index.php?topic=1134.0

MrPike

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2016, 03:50:32 PM »
Hello, I exported my trend page and code to the attached so you can see how I did it.  I'm a novice at vb so it may not be the best code but it does work very well for me.  One thing I'm not sure of is how long you can trend before things start to bog down.  I use this for a few hours at a time, and I have not had any issues.  If you look at the fastchart setup, you will notice I also display the Y axis on mouse hover.  Hope this helps you in your project. Let me know if you find a better way so that I can improve mine, thx.

Regards.

Godra

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2016, 10:44:28 PM »
For those who would like to try MrPike's trending with ModRSSim (or any PLC that supports Modbus), I have created a solution that can be downloaded from here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8hsgfpqs1f23o3b/AdvancedHMIBetaV399d%20-%20Trending.zip?dl=0

Once you open a solution then do a rebuild before opening any of the forms.

It was tested with 2 instances of ModRSSim running at the same time. The settings for these 2 instances can be seen in the attached picture. The other picture shows what the trend screen should look like (GEN1 and/or GEN2 checkboxes can be used and any of the items from the dropdown boxes can be selected).

If you place mouse over labels, on the left side of the trend form, then you will see what driver is used and what address is being polled (so change the value of those addresses in ModRSSim to see them on the trend chart(s) and labels).
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 05:17:32 PM by Godra »

JohnnyTronic

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2016, 11:56:22 AM »
Great guys, thanks for the support.

aquilmustafa

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2016, 01:40:20 AM »
Hey Godra,

Unable to download from the Dropbox link could you please update the link.

Godra

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2016, 05:00:04 PM »
I just tried the link and was able to download the file.

I am not sure why it wouldn't work for you.