Author Topic: emailer1  (Read 1814 times)

Allan19111911

• View Profile
emailer1
« on: July 21, 2016, 09:40:48 PM »
Hello all,   first i would like to say what an amazing program Advanced HMI is.  I tinker with this stuff as more of a hobby than work, but have a past in plc programming.   I have been trying to get the emailer1 control working with no luck  i have the hmi talking with a SLC 5/05 and trying to get the email sent on a true bit.  I have tried different port numbers with google and yahoo.  I either get failure sending mail fault, or server requires ssl(which i have ssl set to true) when the hmi boots up

there are a few settings im not sure what they are for
Target Value?
and Value

My VB skills are very basic,  nut im really good at cutting and pasting off google

anyone had any luck getting this going?

thanks in advance
Allan

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: emailer1
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2016, 09:58:46 PM »
It can be very difficult getting all the settings right. I did have it working with Gmail at one time. There are some additional settings you have to make to your Gmail account. Go to this page and enable this setting:

https://www.google.com/settings/security/lesssecureapps

Allan19111911

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2016, 03:37:39 PM »
I've tried everything, can't get it to work  i even did the gmail 2 step verification password.  oh well, there's more than one way to skin a cat

thanks

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2016, 03:56:26 PM »
You can try with a blank Visual Studio project (not based on AdvancedHMI) to try to find the right settings, like this:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/35789457/how-would-i-be-able-to-send-an-email-through-my-vb-net-application

Allan19111911

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2016, 06:51:18 PM »
i think the settings are right, i used the settings in outlook and got it going.    i was able to automate an excel spread sheet to send email through outlook .  i added another post about this

thanks for your help
and again software is awesome

Allan