Author Topic: How to save Multiple builds with different names  (Read 1348 times)

jeff s

• View Profile
How to save Multiple builds with different names
« on: October 09, 2016, 10:25:30 PM »
Hello, I am curios how to save different builds / projects where do i re name them. I have tried to rename it but seemed to have broken the HMI when I renamed the .EXE
DO you have a procedure for this??

Godra

• View Profile
Re: How to save Multiple builds with different names
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2016, 11:37:37 PM »
This is just my point of view:

Probably the simplest thing to do would be to create a folder for each project and give it a specific name that you want to use. Then create a shortcut that points to the .EXE file and give it a name as well.

Folders and shortcuts could be renamed at any time.

Solution files (.sln) could be renamed as well as the form titles (you can see an example here http://advancedhmi.com/forum/index.php?topic=1193.msg6300#msg6300).
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 11:45:57 PM by Godra »

kk6mrp

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2016, 05:29:16 PM »
The easiest way to do that would be to go into the Project menu and click Project Properties (the last option) and then change the Assembly Name, as long as that is consistent with the Advanced HMI terms of use.

jeff s

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2016, 01:07:12 AM »
Thank you guys for your tips on this just want to be able to keep different projects organised.so far i only have one but had misplaced a file at one point and had to restart the project.