Author Topic: "Failed to get Processor type"  (Read 3710 times)

pacific

• View Profile
"Failed to get Processor type"
« on: August 13, 2013, 10:48:22 PM »
hi.
I just downloaded and installed Advanced HMI v3.5.1 with Visual Basic Express 2010, running on a Windows 7 32-bit machine.
I made a very simple form- it only has a pilot light and a 2-pos selector switch. PLCAddressValue are O0:0 & I0:0 respectively.
There's a simple 1-rung plc program that turns on the output O0:0 when I0:0 is true. I run the program and on the AdvancedHMI form i'm getting "Failed to get processor type" on the component. In the VB message window it says "a first chance exception of type 'MfgControl.AdvancedHMI.Drivers.Common.PLCDriverException' occurred in AdvancedHMIDrivers.dll

The communication with the PLC (Micrologix 1000) is through DF1Comm1. I am able to communicate with the PLC through RSLinx Classic Lite, so I know the comm cable etc is good.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: "Failed to get Processor type"
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2013, 03:28:16 AM »
There was a fix made to the MicroLogix driver, so try the latest version to see if that helps.

Also if you are using a selector switch to control I:0/0, you will not see anything happen because as soon as the HMI changes the value, the PLC looks at the physical input and overwrites the value based on it.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2013, 07:31:23 AM »
This was replicated and should now be fixed in version 3.55

R5ROUSE

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2013, 04:44:08 PM »
I have V.3.55 and am getting the same error.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2013, 06:46:10 AM »
This error can also occur if it cannot establish connection to the PLC. If you are using DF1, be sure RSLinx is completely shut down so AdvancedHMI can get access to the COM port. When start AdvancedHMI, watch the com light (if it has one) on the PLC to see if you get a blinking light as it tries to detect to communication settings.

R5ROUSE

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2013, 08:18:34 PM »
that worked! I had to stop the driver in linx and Advanced HMI fired right up. i'm having fun playing with this