General Category > Application Showcase

Sample App - Alarming with Status & History

<< < (2/6) > >>

Phrog30:
I was asked recently about a sample app for Modbus.  I was able to get this app to work with Modbus, minus alarm description strings from the PLC.  I'm sure it's possible, but I didn't want to spend time on it as I didn't see the need.  Here's the link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-5kPtgWJjV9Ry0zc1QyWDJxNTA/view?usp=sharing.  Alarm descriptions are setup in an INI file.  They are only loaded on boot, so if you change while running they won't update until you restart the app.  Also, be aware that the ini file is set to copy on newer, so if you make changes they should stay, but I always recommend changing in designer.

The PLC example is Productivity 2000 v2.4.1.2. This was my first time using this platform, so don't be surprised if you see mistakes.  Everything I tested worked, so that's all I was going for.

This version, even though modbus, does have options not available in the previous version I posted.  I added a new alarm popup, similar to the alarm banner in ME.  I added shelving, which is really nothing more than ignoring and not displaying the alarm you shelve.  I added two views for active alarms, one just shows the current active alarms, the other shows all alarms in "memory" and the current status.  This kind of mimics ME as well.  I didn't touch alarm history.  I moved security from XML to DB.  I added auditing.  The 4 objects on the main screen have auditing enabled.  You can see the audit history in app settings.  The components that currently support auditing will have an audit property.  I'm sure there is more, but that's all I remember at this point.

If anyone is serious about using this and has questions, please don't hesitate to ask in this forum or PM me directly.  In my opinion, the more people that use it, the better chance of finding bugs and other pesky issues, which ultimately helps me as I really plan on using the heck of out to on projects that would normally be ME or C-More.

Edit: for the .NET gurus, please let me know if there is a better/correct way of doing things.  I'm in no way a .NET programmer.  My goal is for functionality and easy to follow, but I would like to know the correct way of doing things.

James

Phrog30:
Some users had problems getting the last file I linked to build, so here is one that is already built, plus I removed items that weren't necessary and causing problems (power pack and reporting).
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-5kPtgWJjV9Ry0zc1QyWDJxNTA/view?usp=sharing

Godra:
For those who would like to try this application, just use ModRSSim2 simulator and make sure to set the IP address to 127.0.0.1 inside the MyHMI\Data\App_Config.ini file and for drivers named Main_PLC that appear in the top 5 listed forms inside MyHMI\Displays\Replace folder.

Then run the app, go to the "Active Alarms" screen, by clicking the alarm clock button, set the view to "All Alarms" and then you can do some testing by changing the values of the following addresses:

- 410020 for the number of alarms to show in the view
      - 410000 to activate alarms (pretty much what you see in the attached picture, where number 15, represented in binary as 1111, will trigger alarms #0, #1, #2 and #3, while if you change that number to 64, represented in binary as 1000000, it will trigger alarm #6 only). By the way, the Alarm #0 is not supposed to ever show.

You can also try other features, like creating a user or on the Home screen setting Numeric Entry (Unsecured) which will write to F400001 address.

Phrog30:
Thanks Godra.  You can also leave the combobox set to active alarms and it will only show the alarms that are active.  The CLX version is much fancier which allows for zoning, I didn't do that in the Modbus example.  I also didn't do dynamic strings.  By the way, if you don't want the alarm popup you can either set directly in the INI or during runtime in the options dialog.

James

Phrog30:
I just realized a problem, the alarms start at bit 1, you see only 3 active alarms but the new alarm pop-up shows 4. I guess I need to fix that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version