General Category > Application Showcase

Bar Code Verification App

<< < (2/2)

seth350:
Thank you guys for the feedback.

--- Quote from: bachphi on January 10, 2018, 08:56:56 AM ---Do you have the part # of Prosoft Wifi Radio?

--- End quote ---

Sure do. I used this guy here. RLX2-IHNF-A

Supports b/g/n

--- Quote from: timryder on January 11, 2018, 04:12:01 PM ---I've done tons of custom applications with the Cognex Vision products. I use their SDK's all the time for applications. 

--- End quote ---

I initially started that way and did achieve the same result. However I could not figure out how to handle the WiFi barcode scanner going into Sleep mode. This would close the tcp socket on the scanner side but leave the socket open on the .net app side. Even after the scanner came back online, the socket would still receive the scanned data, but the SDK would just ignore it. Rebooting the .NET app would get everything talking once again.

I finally gave up on that path and stuck the Compactlogix in to handle the connections to the scanners. I think it will be easier to manage and troubleshoot a problem using the PLC than in some tcp socket code, for me anyways.

The Cognex scanners also support Javascript, so you could *i assume* create an entire application that is housed only in the scanner.

Hasenkaber:
Hi there! I stumbled upon this old post and wanted to chime in. Nice work on making the app portable, too, with an ini file for each station's settings. I see you mentioned a wishlist item of using more than one scanner per station - have you looked into it since? Just wanted to throw it out there, but if you're ever interested in automatic document scanning and OCR, you might want to check out smartengines.com/. It saves me all the time when I have to send docs to our international partners. Anyway, keep up the good work!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version