General Category > Application Showcase

Sample app with latest controls

<< < (2/3) > >>

Gene T.:
Thanks James!! That helped me a lot. I appreciate your help with this matter.
I think I understand what you are doing now.
I will continue on and see if I can implement this.

Gene T.:
James, I have been trying to get the alarms to use the description in the PLC.
I am using a Compaclogix L24. I configured the application ini file (Alarm_Use_PLC_Desc=1)
and set the alarmtriggers to use my plc. The alarm popup window showing that an alarm occured
will show but appears to still be populated from the ini file and does not show in the active alarms list page.
I also noticed that the header bar remains red and is blank. It's obvious that there must be more steps to configure
this to work with a PLC. I have tested with the included Modbus Simulator and it works fine.
Thanks, Gene

Phrog30:
Oh, I removed the functionality. You will have to add another datasubcriber for plc strings. What is your string array address in the plc? I'll put something together and send to you.

Gene T.:
Here again I am not sure that I am doing this right but I am using Alarm_Descriptions.

Phrog30:
Ok, to clarify, there is a datasubscriber that looks at an array of integers.  They are used for your triggers.  The name of the datasubcriber for the app I sent is AlarmTriggers.  Currently, the only option for descriptions is the ini file.  You have to manually enter/type those.  I still had the options for the PLC descriptions, they just don't do anything.  However, it's easy enough to add.  You will need an array of strings in the PLC to look at.  So, your array is Alarm_Descriptions?  What length, are they full length strings (82)?  This matters, if they aren't then we have to run them through some code first or they won't look right.  Personally, unless I'm doing string building in the PLC, I would just use the ini file.  I used PLC descriptions, for example, when I would have one motor alarm trigger, but many reasons and I built the strings in the PLC and sent to the HMI.  This saved on triggers.

I'll put together something quick and send.  It may be a little later today.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version