Author Topic: Expanded SimpleWebServer  (Read 2863 times)

ddddd13

• View Profile
Expanded SimpleWebServer
« on: September 08, 2020, 08:56:10 PM »
Simple Web Server seems able to send information in one direction (the page it is displaying) It would be nice to be able to send information back to the HMI. I understand this would require some kind of security also.

Thanks,
Dave

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: Expanded SimpleWebServer
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2020, 09:23:06 PM »
Web based software versus Winforms (which is AdvancedHMI) is a completely different paradigm of software. In order to have a web page respond back it would require some kind of code embedded in the web page. For this to happen, either a piece of software that rides on top of Visual Studio would need to automatically write code or the developer would need to hand code the web pages.

In other words, an interactive web page to work with AdvancedHMI would be quite a large undertaking, hence that is why it has not been done yet.

mnoble

• View Profile
Re: Expanded SimpleWebServer
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2020, 11:48:26 AM »
I've had great luck with using Thinfinity Virtual UI, fairly simple to integrate and use, not free but reasonably priced with concurrent licenses starting at $69 each.  I do not have a lot of testing completed yet as I'm still using the "trial" license, but I'm almost as impressed with this as I am with AHMI :D.

https://www.cybelesoft.com/thinfinity/virtualui/