Author Topic: Cloud Storage?  (Read 3733 times)

ddddd13

• View Profile
Cloud Storage?
« on: September 19, 2020, 10:49:44 AM »
I am not sure if this is the best way to do what I want. But here it goes.

What I want to do.

An app that runs on a cell phone that allows the user to look at variables, and maybe a reset button. I thought using SimpleWebServer would work for me but that gets very complicated going thru servers.

The next idea is to store these variables in a file in the cloud. The app on the cell phone would simply read these variables and display them. To send information back (not really necessary for my application, but maybe to others)
The advanced HMI solution would read this file back from the cloud.

I really don't like the idea of VPN as the operators could really screw things up.

Do you think this is a viable solutiion?

Dave

MajorFault

Re: Cloud Storage?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2020, 10:21:10 PM »
I don't think AHMI is your best choice on this.  Is this personal or commercial?

If personal, use Ignition Maker, it's free.  If commercial, get the funds and buy the best tool for the job.  You get what you pay for.  Time is money and in the long run you will probably spend more money trying to get things to work.

dmroeder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2020, 11:30:16 PM »
ddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd13, what PLC are you working with and are you working with Android or IOS?  If you happen to be working with Android and Compact/Control Logix or Micro800, I might be able to help you make an app.  This would not be with AHMI but using python and Kivy to build an android app using python.

I'm not trying to steer anyone away from AHMI, I'm a full on advocate for it, I'm just offering a solution for a native Android app if it helps.

You could also consider:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.suppanel.suppanel&hl=en_US

issiakaimg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2022, 08:10:07 AM »
I think that this is a great idea. There are many benefits to storing variables on cloud storage. For one, it allows easier access to data from anywhere in the world. Additionally, it provides a higher level of security than storing the data on a local server. Finally, it can save businesses money on hardware and maintenance costs. I've heard that https://fastupload.io/en can help with this idea because I've read on a forum that someone is already working with them for such a feature. It would be a great opportunity!