General Category > Support Questions

Unable to link to Delta DVP-ES2 simulator

(1/3) > >>

dtefili:
Hi.
I am trying to use AdvancedHMI with a simulated Delta DVP-ES2 and later I want to use is with a physical device. I saw many cases of successfull comminication with real devices, but I have no yet seen any with the simulator.

I have previously communicated with both real (RS232) and simulated (TCP) DVP-ES2 by sending Modbus strings with Python. The message structure is like:

dtefili:
Continuing...
The messages have the format :0103100002CS\r\n
start bit, 03 read register, 1000 address, 02 bytes to be read, CS checksum, \r and \n are the tipical end-message markers.
Both physical and simulated PLCs answer these messages properly in Python, but do not answer AdvancedHMI requests.

With Wireshark, I captured packages going from AdvacedHMI to the virtual PLC. This is the content:
    TCP payload (12 bytes)
Data (12 bytes)
    Data: 010700000006000310000001
    Text: \001\a

In Data field, I would expect something like :0103100002CS.

Does anyone have a clue on what I am doing wrong?

Archie:
Which Modbus driver are you using and what Mobus address are you putting the PLCAddress of the control?

dtefili:
I added ModbusTCPCom1 from native toolbox to the basic project and pointed it to 127.0.0.1:10012.
Read address is 404097, witch I saw in a video posted on the forum and it matches the PLC manual modbus address for D0.
I also tried other addresses and formats.
I still have not tried to connect to the physical device.
Screen captures attached.
Thanks.

Godra:
Try changing the UnitID from 0 to 1 since slave devices ID should go from 1 to 247.

If this is all done on a Windows based computer then there is another test you can try:

- Download the exe file from here: https://github.com/GitHubDragonFly/ModbusMaster
 - There is also a slave simulator exe file available for download but you can stick with your simulator
 - See the attached picture of how these communicate with each other

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version