General Category > Support Questions

How to Avoid PLC and PC timeouts

<< < (2/2)

Archie:
The DataSubscriber2 allows you to setup multiple tags in a single DataSubscriber2. It will fire on changes in both directions.

paintman:
Awesome, for my situation with the array, it may be Paintpart[23] and the associated elements, or [65] depending on the carrier number at the station. With the data subscriber it looks like I can only call specific tags and not have a variablized tag. Would I need to just call the base name Paintpart then specific the actual tag location later in the code?

ps sorry for asking so many questions

Archie:
You should be able to do a PLCAddress of PaintPart[0] and NumberOfElements of 65 (or greater). Then use e.Values(x) to access each array element,

paintman:
Hey Archie, I know this is an old thread but I had to take a step back for other projects.

I don't think I fully understand the way the elements, plcaddressitems, and e.values would work. Does e.values report single values based on the elements?
So we have 85 carriers on our line that pass through a scanner to tell us which one it is (they are not in order)
So in my code it would be Carrier_Info[Stop_1.Carrier_Number] as the main tag and then the elements follow would be paint_color, name, oven_cycle and so on.

So would I need to just define 85 plcaddress items each with 8 elements and then still use the carrier number variable to define the e.value?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version