Author Topic: MODBUS TCP returning crazy results  (Read 1103 times)

drksam

• View Profile
MODBUS TCP returning crazy results
« on: May 27, 2014, 01:10:14 PM »
Hi, first i love the software. I am fairly new to the modbus vb world but have been working with ladder logic programs and arduino for years. I have an automation direct DL205-1 plc with a ECOMM100 ethernet card. When i read a value from the plc with AdvancedHMI it does return a value. When the value is a single digit it seems to be ok but with two or more digits it seems to add something together. Perhaps its a DEC VS HEX thing but i have no idea where to look. Also the modbus address for that ethernet card seems to have address values of less than 5 digits for the input and output coils. So i get an error when i try to call or send a value. I have attached a screenshot with a few digital meters and the data view from DirectSOFT to show my problem the modbus address starts at 40769 and is 14 consecutive addresses. The meters are left to right row one then two. The data view is the PLC addresses to the corresponding modbus addresses.

johwaa

• View Profile
Re: MODBUS TCP returning crazy results
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2014, 04:50:16 PM »
It sure looks like the data in the popup window is Hex. In the upper lefthand corner, you could pull down the dropdown and possibly change it to decimal. But it looks like it's normal to me with hex in the data popup and decimal in the LED displays.