Author Topic: Writing bit of DINT variable in ver. 3.80  (Read 1420 times)

andreaboschetti71

• View Profile
Writing bit of DINT variable in ver. 3.80
« on: November 04, 2014, 12:27:04 PM »
Hello I have a problem when I write a single bit over a DINT variable. For example if I have a toggle output type with VARIABLE.5 where VARIABLE is a DINT I can change from 1 to 0 but not from 0 to 1.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: Writing bit of DINT variable in ver. 3.80
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2014, 07:11:07 PM »
I haven't been able to replicate this. I created a tag named DINTTag in a CompactLogix. I then added a BasicLabel and set PLCAddressValue and PLCAddressKeypad both to DINTTag.5

I ran the application, clicked on the BasicLabel to get the keypad and tried both a 0 and a 1. The BasicLabel value would change between True and False. I also was online with RSLogix and watched the bit change.

I tested this with version 3.80

andreaboschetti71

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2014, 03:39:26 AM »
with basiclabel works also in my controllogix, but try to use a basic indicator or squareilluminatedbutton, set output type to toggle and PLCaddressclick to DINTTag.5. you can see that it's only possible to set value from 1 to 0 but not from 0 to 1. Debugging code I saw that the problem is in reading tag value before writing the opposite value. The reading always return true so it always write false...

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2014, 07:23:13 PM »
I did recreate the problem using a button with a toggle OutputType. This will be fixed in the next release

andreaboschetti71

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2014, 10:45:33 AM »
ok archie thank you. good job! for now I solved reading Value property insted of using read function