Author Topic: Unused PLC address in PLCAddressVisable will show true on HMI  (Read 1168 times)

Darrell

• Electrician / PLC Technician
    • View Profile
Unused PLC address in PLCAddressVisable will show true on HMI
« on: December 12, 2014, 09:28:05 PM »
Happened to notice that if a plc address is added to PLCAddressVisable  of the NumericSevenSegment1  and it is not used in a micrologix 1400 program ,  it will show up in my HMI as it were true.  Noticed others do this also. Not a big problem but something you should be aware of

darreee

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: Unused PLC address in PLCAddressVisable will show true on HMI
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2014, 09:59:23 PM »
I gave this a quick try with a different driver, but it seemed to work as expected. When the bit was false, the NumericSevenSegment would disappear, when the bit was changed to True, it reappeared.

Darrell

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2014, 10:39:06 PM »
I will try and recreate what happened when I get back to work tomorrow , even thought it wasn't used in the program the bit may have been set to 1 in the data table and I never noticed it.

Darrell 

Darrell

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2015, 12:00:49 PM »
This really doesn't hurt anything but you should be aware of it.
Tried this with a label , micrologix 1400 if you use an address that is in the data table but not programed in the ladder logic , even if it is 0 , when you run the HMI it wil act the same way as were true even though it is not used , I believe other elements will do the same