General Category > Tips & Tricks

Glass Buttons

<< < (4/5) > >>

bachphi:
In the downloaded demo folder, there are 2 DLL files ( GlassButton.dll, GlassButtonVB.dll). Adding either one of those will work, but not both.  I am curious to know why the author generated 2 dll files?

Godra:
I would suggest that GlassButton.dll file is compiled C# code and GlassButtonVB.dll is compiled VB code.

Both of them represent the same project and that's why only one works at the time.

Take a look at the source zip file.

bachphi:

--- Quote from: Godra on January 21, 2015, 08:32:36 PM ---..., add this library as reference to both AdvancedHMI and AdvancedHMIControls projects and then download and add the attached GlassButtonHMI.vb file to the PurchasedControls folder as ExistingItem.

* Edit: This should be the simplest way of adding this control to AHMI. Previously, there was another explanation with different steps, which might be reflected in the posts below.

--- End quote ---

It may be simpler, but I would recommend to follow Archie's method. The reason is if you move this project to another PC and do a build clean, your  DLL will be gone.

First,  Add the DLL file to the AdvancedHMIControls\Support using Add Existing Item.
Then Add Reference to AdvancedHMIControls project , no need to add reference to AdvancedHMI  project

Godra:
Sounds good to me.

I have corrected my post to reflect that.

Rookie 2017:
HEY GUYS,

So im a complete noob to this stuff and and VERY slowly catching on.  But in this instance, I messed something up for sure.

I added the DLL file to the AdvancedHMIControls\Support, then added Reference to AdvancedHMIControls project , the button shows up and looks great! but no plc click......

Please speak slowly and use small words, lol

Thanks in advance

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version