Author Topic: Frequent 'Read Failed' messages, unable to maintain connection for long period  (Read 5593 times)

astroman

• View Profile
Thank you again Archie, I really appreciate your support. Everything is running great right now.

astroman

• View Profile
Archie, your patch has worked wonderfully so far. I have 2 CLX plants up and running with no issues. Thank you.

However, I have tried updating the HMI for a SLC-5/05 plant with your patch and the HMI is no longer updating components at launch (and onward) on any winform. I have tried downloading version 3.97e, replacing the MfgControl file in the driver Support folder, re-building the solution and then replacing the AdvancedHMI folder with the one from my previous project (to avoid losing DataSubscribers when the application is re-built).

Is the patch limited to the CLX driver, or should it function with the PLCSLC driver as well? Thank you again for your support.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 01:55:31 PM by astroman »

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
That patch is actually for 3.97f and the latest version transitions the SLC driver to the same software architecture as the CLX driver. The side effect is when you apply the patch to 3.97e, it breaks the SLC driver. In order to use the DLC driver, you need to use an unpatched version of 3.97e

astroman

• View Profile
Oh, I see. Thank you for clarifying Archie. If I wish to have the effect of the patch with a SLC driver, is it best to wait for 3.97f and then re-build my project from scratch?

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Oh, I see. Thank you for clarifying Archie. If I wish to have the effect of the patch with a SLC driver, is it best to wait for 3.97f and then re-build my project from scratch?
If you need the CLX patch and also use the SLC driver in the same application, you will need the next release. If you build the application in 3.97e, it will be very easy to upgrade to the next version.

jsorah

• View Profile
I've recently (as of 2/6/2015) had some connectivity issues going on between me and one of our PLC's.  For some reason my workstation is closing the connection (->FIN,ACK/<- ACK/<-RST,ACK) and then the CIP driver attempts to reestablish a connection via another Forward Open, but the program starts throwing an index out of bounds exception. I used a decompiler to step through and figure out where this exception was happening - from what I could tell the transaction number is being used without the 0xFF bitmask in a few array lookups in the ForwardOpen method of the CIP class.  Not sure if changing that would help much on my end, but I figured I would add the observation to this thread.

jsorah

• View Profile
I've recently (as of 2/6/2015) had some connectivity issues going on between me and one of our PLC's.  For some reason my workstation is closing the connection (->FIN,ACK/<- ACK/<-RST,ACK) and then the CIP driver attempts to reestablish a connection via another Forward Open, but the program starts throwing an index out of bounds exception. I used a decompiler to step through and figure out where this exception was happening - from what I could tell the transaction number is being used without the 0xFF bitmask in a few array lookups in the ForwardOpen method of the CIP class.  Not sure if changing that would help much on my end, but I figured I would add the observation to this thread.

Figured out that it is AdvancedHMI closing the connection because some packets were taking longer than the specified timeout (timeout of 500ms in the patch in this thread, packets were taking between 700ms to 1000ms on occasion).  The latency seems to have gone away for now and no more issues, but given the sporadic nature of it I suspect it could come back in the future and give me more trouble.

Is there a possibility the timeout in the EIP driver could some how be made configurable in a future version?

Darrell

• Electrician / PLC Technician
    • View Profile
Is there a 3.97F available for download
Darrell

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Is there a 3.97F available for download
Darrell
Not yet. It may be a couple weeks because the DF1Com an TwinCAT driver are being reworked to the latest driver model.