General Category > Tips & Tricks

AdvancedHMI on a Raspberry Pi

<< < (2/22) > >>

Archie:
I found the same thing over the years with the panel mount monitor being about the same price as a full panel mount PC. I've been gathering parts up to see what is the lowest cost I can get on a 48" TV with a Pi and everything needed for a working production display. I'm also in the process of getting a panel mount case designed for a 7" display and Pi. The goal is to be able to sell a unit in the $150-$200 range for the non-harsh environment uses.

dmroeder:
Cool, I like that idea.  I was kind of looking for the same thing.

I understand that these types of monitors are more specialized (and not in the same demand) than the run-of-the-mill monitors we typically but but I can pick up a 50" tv as a display for half the price of some of them!

dmroeder:
Check out Chalkboard Electronics]http://www.chalk-elec.com/]Chalkboard Electronics.  Maybe I'll pick a screen up from here one of these days.  It's funny, the touch enabled screens are only a few dollars more.

johwaa:
Wow! Now this is some cool stuff! I've got my new Pi already, and I'll be getting one of those touchscreens as well. Thanks guys!!

dmroeder:

--- Quote from: johwaa on March 21, 2015, 04:55:41 PM ---Wow! Now this is some cool stuff! I've got my new Pi already, and I'll be getting one of those touchscreens as well. Thanks guys!!

--- End quote ---

if/when you do pick up one of those screens, I'll be curious on what your thoughts are.  I had thought about it myself.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version