Author Topic: Accessing bit level in a DINT tag  (Read 2293 times)

andreaboschetti71

• View Profile
Accessing bit level in a DINT tag
« on: March 24, 2015, 05:44:44 AM »
I have some squareilluminated buttons with toggle output status that change a bit in a DINT tag (i.e. ZZ_TEST)
So I set PLCaddressClick and PLCaddressValue to ZZ_TEST.0. Clikking button works fine as I see changing the bit but the button status doesn't change (always dark color)

andreaboschetti71

• View Profile
Re: Accessing bit level in a DINT tag
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2015, 06:17:19 AM »
Same problem with graphic indicator. nothing change changing bit associated to it

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2015, 07:41:01 AM »
My tests only checked the writing of bits, not the reading, so this one slipped through. Try this patch.

- Download and unzip the attached file
- Replace the file in AdvancedHMIDrivers\Support
- Rebuild Solution

andreaboschetti71

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2015, 07:55:13 AM »
OK this works well. You are awesome!!!

pal

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2015, 06:02:55 PM »
Hi ,
I've finally got an Iso of SP1 for 2010 studio andinstalled it . Transfered a testing project from 3.97e to 3.98f .
It has a screen for manual operation of solenoid valves using the square button . The target PLC is an AB L32E using the Enet driver . The buttons write to the PLC fine but the read does not work . I added a basic label to check the dint was being sent by the PLC - the value is correct . I did try the patch but it didn,t work with 3.98f . Is there anything else I should try ?

Change of subject - I have just acquired a cheap ( for the UK ) £110 Windows 8.1 tablet called the LINX and
AHMI is running fine - it is very handy for machine testing .

Paul

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2015, 07:04:57 PM »
I just did a quick test with a CompactLogix (L35E). I added a BasicLabel with PLCAddressValue set to DINTTag (a controller scope tag). I added 3 BasicInidcators and set PLCAddressSelectColor2 to DINTTag.0, DINTTag.1, and DINTTag.2

I then added 3 BasicButtons and set PLCAddressClick to DINTTag.0, DINTTag.1, DINTTag.2

When I run the application, I click the first button, the BasicLabel got to 1 and the first BasicIndicator lights up.
I click the second button, the BasicLabel goes to 2 and the second BasicIndicator lights up,
I click the third button, the BasicLabel goes to 3 and the third BasicIndicator lights up.

This is all as expected. Am I not testing similar to what you are?

pal

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2015, 11:51:29 AM »
Sorry Archie ,
I popped into work and found I forgot to mention that the DINT was part of an array . ie
Display[10] for bits to PLC and Display [13] for bits from PLC . These were working with 3.97e .

Paul

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2015, 11:41:32 AM »
I popped into work and found I forgot to mention that the DINT was part of an array . ie
Display[10] for bits to PLC and Display [13] for bits from PLC . These were working with 3.97e .
This will be fixed in the next release of 3.98g or later