Author Topic: OmronSerialHostLinkCom1 driver does not seem to work  (Read 2285 times)

sunny

• View Profile
OmronSerialHostLinkCom1 driver does not seem to work
« on: April 24, 2015, 03:55:07 PM »
Hi,

I am working on a project with a omron PLC. It is a CPM1 and I am using the OmronSerialHostLinkCom1 driver.
I use 2 DM words for the inputs. If I use 2 Annunciators to view for exaple D0.00 and D0.01 and turn only D0.00 true, than both of them light up. But on the label I put in to read the whole D0 word I see the correct value. And I can only read one word. If I put another annunciator on the mainform that reads D1.00 it wil do nothing. Unless I delete the first two annunciators.
When I want to wright it is pretty much the same thing. If I put two BasicButtons on the mainform and try to wright to D2.00 and D2.01. I can only see that D2.00 is doing something.

With regards Marcel

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: OmronSerialHostLinkCom1 driver does not seem to work
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2015, 05:12:51 PM »
I'm going to look into these Omron drivers over the next couple days.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2015, 08:41:46 AM »
Have you tried the FINS serial driver?

sunny

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2015, 03:46:50 PM »
Hi Archie

I have not tried the FINS driver yet, because this plc does no support FINS commands.
I am completely new to VB and ahmi. So I first wanted to test this driver and understand how everything works befor I was going to try something else.
greetings Marcel

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2015, 07:07:11 PM »
I was confusing your controller with the CP1H, which does support FINS. I am currently testing to locate why bits do not work properly with Host Link.

sunny

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2015, 04:14:50 PM »
Hi All

I continued this project I was working on. Now I use version 3.99. But it looks like I have still the same problems with OmronSerialHostLinkCom1. Can someone help me or have an example maby I am doing something wrong.

regards

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2015, 03:01:42 PM »
I have confirmed the HostLink driver does have some issues. Since that driver gets essentially no use, it still has a very outdated architecture. I'll try to fix some of these problems, but it really needs to be rewritten to the most current driver architecture in order to ensure its stability.

sunny

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2015, 04:20:16 PM »
Hi Archie

Thanks for the reply. I understand that that driver is resonably obsolete. But it is for a hobby PLC at home.
I hope that you can fix some of the problems