Author Topic: New Version 3.99t Now Available  (Read 6821 times)

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: New Version 3.99t Now Available
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2017, 04:02:17 PM »
I tried with the c# project and it worked ok:

- Open Mainform.cs in the AdvancedHMIcs project
- From the Toolbox, add a Button to the form
- Add a driver to the form and set the IPAddress property
- Double click the button to get back to the code
- Enter this code:
Code: [Select]
        private void button1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
             string MyValue;
            MyValue = ethernetIPforCLXCom1.Read("BQN");
            MessageBox.Show(MyValue);

MfgControl.AdvancedHMI.Drivers.CLXTag[] x;
            x=ethernetIPforCLXCom1.GetTagList(30);

Text = x.Count().ToString() ;
         }
    }

uthaman

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2017, 01:22:25 PM »
After looking in the component implementation, there are few set methods along with IP address, I used the same and it is working now. Thanks for the help.

This new version, I am not able to use the driver components in a windows service (Error:Missing Components from AdvancedHMI - Please refer to the licensing agreement.), I am creating a windows service to read the tags from PLC and store it locally (Local sql express). I was able to do this with previous version but not with this version. Also not able to package as an .exe as well. Is there anything changed in this version, please let me direct to right resources regarding this.

I need this setup for testing and demo a POC, and later explore other options with this driver.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2017, 02:14:22 PM »
This new version, I am not able to use the driver components in a windows service (Error:Missing Components from AdvancedHMI - Please refer to the licensing agreement.), I am creating a windows service to read the tags from PLC and store it locally (Local sql express). I was able to do this with previous version but not with this version. Also not able to package as an .exe as well. Is there anything changed in this version, please let me direct to right resources regarding this.

I need this setup for testing and demo a POC, and later explore other options with this driver.
Are you using it outside of the AdvancedHMI solution?

uthaman

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2017, 02:34:54 PM »
Yes, I m using the dll's (AdvancedHMIDrivers.dll and MfgControls.AdvancedHMIDrivers.dll) in a differnt solution which has a windows service and a windows application.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2017, 02:38:29 PM »
Yes, I m using the dll's (AdvancedHMIDrivers.dll and MfgControls.AdvancedHMIDrivers.dll) in a differnt solution which has a windows service and a windows application.
The drivers aren't licensed for use outside of the original solution, so its the license enforcement that is triggering that message. The driver licensed for stand-alone use is the one listed on the main web site.

uthaman

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2017, 03:05:20 PM »
Does the stand-alone licensed driver listed on the site covers the following as in the open source version.

Drivers
   Mature
      DF1Comm - Allen Bradley serial
      EthernetIPforSLCMicro - Allen Bradley Ethernet for SLC and Micrologix series (PCCC)
      EthernetIPforCLX - Allen Bradly ControlLogix and CompactLogix series (Tag based)
      EthernetIPforMicro800
      TwinCAT - Beckhoff TwinCAT (only runs on PCs without TwinCAT installed)
      ModbusTCP - Modbus over Ethernet TCP/IP

Alpha (Preliminary)
      OmronEthernetFINSCom - Ethernet for newer controllers such as CP1H with Ethernet module
      OmronSerialFINSCom - Serial (RS232) for newer controller such as CP1H
      OmronSerialHostLinkCom - Serial (RS232) for older controllers such as C200

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2017, 03:38:43 PM »
Does the stand-alone licensed driver listed on the site covers the following as in the open source version.

Drivers
   Mature
      DF1Comm - Allen Bradley serial
      EthernetIPforSLCMicro - Allen Bradley Ethernet for SLC and Micrologix series (PCCC)
      EthernetIPforCLX - Allen Bradly ControlLogix and CompactLogix series (Tag based)
      EthernetIPforMicro800
      TwinCAT - Beckhoff TwinCAT (only runs on PCs without TwinCAT installed)
      ModbusTCP - Modbus over Ethernet TCP/IP

Alpha (Preliminary)
      OmronEthernetFINSCom - Ethernet for newer controllers such as CP1H with Ethernet module
      OmronSerialFINSCom - Serial (RS232) for newer controller such as CP1H
      OmronSerialHostLinkCom - Serial (RS232) for older controllers such as C200
The stand-alone drivers are licensed individually. As of right now, the only driver available for use in stand-alone solutions is for the ControlLogix family.

uthaman

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2017, 05:13:17 PM »

Are you using it outside of the AdvancedHMI solution?

I am the below approach and still my windows service shows " Please refer to the licensing agreement."

1. Open AdvancedHMIv35 solution in VS 2013
2.  Add new Project and then select Windows Service Type.
3. Add my cs files in the project.
4. Add AdvanceHMIDriver solution as reference to the new Windows Service project and add Mfgcontrols.AdvanceHMIDrivers as reference from AdvanceHMI solution project.
5. Start the windows service, it gives the error " Please refer to the licensing agreement."

Please let me know if you have any documentation on usage within the solution.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2017, 05:37:52 PM »
Check your reference list against that of the AdvancedHMIcs project