Author Topic: What controls are there that I don't know about?  (Read 4501 times)

usapatriotforlife

• View Profile
What controls are there that I don't know about?
« on: August 23, 2013, 12:34:49 AM »
I purchased the Meter Pack 1 expansion pack and love it.  Then I read a thread where you discussed a FAN control that is available to those who take your class.  This got me to wondering what other controls are out there that we don't know about and if you'll ever put them in another expansion pack for purchase.  I hope so!

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: What controls are there that I don't know about?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2013, 02:11:59 AM »
There are a couple controls that have always been reserved for training classes to demonstrate how to create AdvancedHMI controls. These include the fan and a conveyor. I attempted to show how to bring a 3rd party open source package called OSGauge into AdvancedHMI, but for some reason that software would not work on everyone's computer.

The web site is currently under a complete revamp and when it is complete more expansion packs will be made available. Here are just a few components that are in testing stage:

- SimpleDataLogger
- Emailer
- Beveled illuminated button
- Linear meters (You can see these in a posting in the Application Showcase "Simple Plant Monitor")

usapatriotforlife

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2013, 04:44:22 AM »
Fantastic, thanks for the teases!  I'd love to see a Richter scale type control or maybe one like on a lie detector or EEG where the paper moves under the pen making a continuous trail.  I look forward to more expansion packs and taking your class one day soon.

WTP31

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2013, 03:05:54 PM »
Are there any training classes planned for the near future?  Is there a complete manual available for the controls, I am having a problem when I set the output type to "Toggle" for Basic Button or Basic Indicator.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2013, 10:35:02 AM »
Until we get our training facility complete, we only do onsite training and schedule them as needed.

The Toggle OutputType will read the boolean value from the PLC, invert it and write it back. It acts like a maintained selector switch.