Author Topic: EthernetIPforCLXCom1.GetTagList Question  (Read 5218 times)

cws

• View Profile
EthernetIPforCLXCom1.GetTagList Question
« on: September 10, 2013, 05:30:18 PM »
Hi,

I'm new to PLC's but experienced with .NET programming.  I'm trying to understand all of the properties and events associated with all of the controls.  Is there a help file that explains each with examples?  For example, I stumbled across the EthernetIPforCLXCom1.GetTagList method which returns an array of MfgControl.AdvancedHMI.Drivers.CLXTag. One of the properties of the class is AbbreviatedType which returns values such as  "44705", "193", and "36739".  Is that data types such as String, Boolean, Integer, etc...?  How do I figure out what data type they map to?  There are other properties such as Instance and BitNumber.  What is the best way to learn about all of the controls, properties, methods, etc...?

Thanks,
Chris

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: EthernetIPforCLXCom1.GetTagList Question
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2013, 07:16:29 PM »
Page 13 of this manual will give you more details on the Abreviated tag type:

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/pm/1756-pm020_-en-p.pdf

The complex tags type need further communication commands to retrieve the complete structure and this is not yet supported in the driver,

We actually don't release the manuals with the free version of the software. Once the drivers and documentation are updated, we will be making the drivers, documentation, and licensing to use drivers outside of AdvancedHMI available for purchase on the main web site.

We also cover the advanced usage of the drivers in our training classes.