Author Topic: Testing a New Theme  (Read 2375 times)

Godra

• View Profile
Re: Testing a New Theme
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2019, 09:52:38 PM »
For non-theme related things, maybe a link to wiki could be added.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2019, 10:15:10 PM »
For non-theme related things, maybe a link to wiki could be added.
I need to figure out how to make the forum and the wiki share the same user login and get the two tied together more tightly.

dmroeder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2019, 11:06:13 AM »
The "Members" and "Logout" links just above the forum window and below the main title bar (for lack of a better term) probably need to be a darker font, they are kind of light grey on slightly darker grey.

Also, the "buttons" that select which page of a thread you can switch to are red, I wonder if the Post/Preview buttons on the reply window should match?

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2019, 11:57:54 AM »
The "Members" and "Logout" links just above the forum window and below the main title bar (for lack of a better term) probably need to be a darker font, they are kind of light grey on slightly darker grey.

Also, the "buttons" that select which page of a thread you can switch to are red, I wonder if the Post/Preview buttons on the reply window should match?
I made a few more tweaks. The menu items were not supposed to be split which pushed some of them down to the light gray area. The menu should now all be on the same line with the dark background.

I decided to eliminate the red in the page select. I didn't want to add more red and possible make the red overwhelming. Hopefully it doesn't make the black/gray overwhelming.

I do appreciate the feedback, so keep it coming. After looking at this so long I start to become blind to the obvious items.

dmroeder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2019, 03:40:55 PM »
I'm liking it so far.  I noticed that the "unread replies" page doesn't quite match the main forum theme.  I guess what stands out the most is the shortcuts to the page numbers where the main forum has a grey rectangle around them and the unread replies doesn't.

I got to that page by clicking "Replies" under my name in the top right corner of the page.

edit:  New Posts is the same as unread.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2019, 07:28:32 PM »
I noticed that the "unread replies" page doesn't quite match the main forum theme.  I guess what stands out the most is the shortcuts to the page numbers where the main forum has a grey rectangle around them and the unread replies doesn't.

I got to that page by clicking "Replies" under my name in the top right corner of the page.

edit:  New Posts is the same as unread.
That one was quite challenging to figure out, but I think I got it straight.