Author Topic: Using the control messagelistbybit as an alarm display.  (Read 4421 times)

patrick.n

• View Profile
Re: Using the control messagelistbybit as an alarm display.
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2022, 02:23:45 AM »
USAGE TIP:  When Using Different Drivers

EthernetSLCMicro... driver will only read the PLCAddress eg N7:0 so only use PLCElementBitWidth = Integer_16bit. 

EthernetCLX driver:  works best if you create an array of INT (16bit) eg MyIntArray[3] then set PLCAddress = eg: MyIntArray[0]

« Last Edit: January 30, 2022, 06:55:43 PM by patrick.n »

pal

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2022, 03:49:24 PM »
An alternative is to use the message list by values . I use mainly allen bradley 5000 and it has a useFul instruction - FBC . ( File Bit Compare ) . The biggest alarm array Iv'e programmed had 203 alarms and used an array of 8 32 bit words. Using a timer when an alarm is found , the display will cycle through any active alarms in the array , stopping for the timer setting at each alarm .
Regards Pal

BlueAltezza

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2022, 03:43:01 PM »
Just follow these steps:

- Download the control again since I just updated it
- Open a fresh solution of AHMI, open the MainForm, build the solution (Ctrl+Shift+B), add a ModbusTCP driver and set it up, close the form
- Follow the steps to replace the MessageListByBit control with the one you downloaded
- Rebuild the solution
- Add the MessageListByBit control to the form and test it

Another post to bring this back from the dead, but I've been trying to follow these steps and keep getting the same "BC30456   'GetComComponent' is not a member of 'Utilities'." error upon rebuilding the solution.
Using v399xR1, tried with VS 2019 and 2022.
After the error I can repeat the add existing step with the original MessageListByBit.vb from a working project and can rebuild without a problem.

Godra

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2023, 10:41:14 AM »
You should download and use the latest beta version of AdvancedHMI to avoid seeing those errors.

Otherwise, look at this post: https://www.advancedhmi.com/forum/index.php?topic=2491.msg15019#msg15019

nadolnya

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2023, 09:00:35 AM »
Hi,

I have the same problem as description above - messages don't clear correctly. After installation a new MessageListByBit created by Godra and added special code in driver's utilities to avoid ComComponent problem I can use this object but it doesn't work properly.
1. The messages show for all of bits but they don't update automatically. The only way to show another combination of active bits is to set all of them to 0 in PLC and set them again in combination that we want. 
2. The messages show but before, it is necessary to set first bit from 0 to 1 to display messages for another bits.

I'd like to have an automatically list that change in any time when variable value will change and shows me actual messages due to bits that are active without resetting them all before, like typical alarming in HMI.

I use Guardlogix from AB
Variable's name : Alarms1
Data Type : DINT [32bit]

Settings of MessageListByBit in attachment

Really appreciate if someone helps me how to fix it  :-\

nadolnya

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2023, 11:51:42 AM »
Another question about 64-integer settings. I'd like to increase the amount of bits for alarms, because 32 is not enough for me. I changed the PLC variable for LINT [64 bits] and it doesn't work completely.

Curious about any possibilites to increase the amount of alarms to amount that I want on list(more than 64).

Settings of MessageListByBit in attachment

Godra

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2023, 11:29:44 AM »
This modified control was originally intended for Modbus communication.

If it does not work properly with AB then look at Reply #16 for alternative.

Godra

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2023, 11:46:25 AM »
Also check Reply #15 for suggestions related to AB drivers.

nadolnya

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2023, 04:50:09 AM »
Hi,

Another question about message alarm. Is it possible to put dynamic text depends on variable from PLC in one message text ? In my program i have a general bit for cylinder's error and another tag [integer] for error code.

Godra

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2023, 02:14:16 PM »
Maybe use a separate AHMI control, like a BasicLabel, and point it to that integer tag to get the error code.