Author Topic: multiple PLC addresses for MessageListByBit  (Read 1126 times)

MrPike

• View Profile
multiple PLC addresses for MessageListByBit
« on: October 23, 2020, 10:51:32 PM »
I'm trying to use the MessageListByBit component and it has a property "PLCAddressValues".  I assume the plural values means I can assign more than one address to the component.  If so, how do I enter them in the property box?  Thank you. 

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: multiple PLC addresses for MessageListByBit
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2020, 06:51:22 AM »
You may be looking for the MessageListByItems that allows you to use a unique address for each item

Godra

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2020, 07:59:57 PM »
If you are dealing with Modbus, there is a modified version of the MessageListByBit component which can span 4 consecutive addresses (for up to 63 bits):

https://www.advancedhmi.com/forum/index.php?topic=2627.0

Anything other than that, follow Archie's suggestion.

MrPike

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2020, 09:34:21 AM »
Archie, The MessageListByItem looks to be just what I need except I am experiencing some strange behavior from the control.  The TRUE value seems to act properly however the FALSE value does not appear to work.  I can get the message for the TRUE value each time, but the FALSE value never shows in the list.  To verify my other parameters are set correctly,  I set the FALSE message to TRUE and it appears once in the list and then never again.  Am I correct to assume the FALSE value is used to display the message when the value is false?  I also tried to precede the address with "NOT" and this causes a comm fail to the device.  Thank you. 

Godra, I will see if there is a fix for the MessageListByItem first before I explore this solution.  Thank you for the link 

MrPike

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2020, 10:07:25 AM »
Forgot to attach pic

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2020, 07:02:21 PM »
The TRUE value seems to act properly however the FALSE value does not appear to work.  I can get the message for the TRUE value each time, but the FALSE value never shows in the list.  To verify my other parameters are set correctly,  I set the FALSE message to TRUE and it appears once in the list and then never again.  Am I correct to assume the FALSE value is used to display the message when the value is false?  I also tried to precede the address with "NOT" and this causes a comm fail to the device.
The message will only show up on a transition from FALSE to TRUE.

If RemoveDuplicateMessages is set to True, it should delete the old from the list and give it a new time stamp

MrPike

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2020, 01:22:19 PM »
Ok Archie, I interpreted this True/False selection to be when the message would show.  Maybe this needs to be moved to the Feature request area to have the control show the message when the bit is false if the false selection is chosen.  I have made inverting bits in the PLC to achieve what I wanted for now.  Thank you 

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2020, 01:46:20 PM »
The MessageDisplayByBit functions in that manner, but the MessageList only adds it to the list and leaves it there for a historical account of alarms.

MrPike

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2020, 08:45:20 AM »
Ok I am a little fuzzy.  The MsgByBit does not have a True/False property selection that I see.  The MsgByItem does but I'm not sure what it does because it does not display the message at any time when set to false.  I only get the behavior I described above.  What am overlooking?

Godra

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2020, 06:41:38 PM »
Try using the attached modified MessageListByItem control.

It will allow you to enter the NOT prefix on the address inside the Messages.
PLCAddressItems property was removed since it was duplicating the messages and it didn't seem to have any functionality.