Author Topic: Alarm Display Creation using only Boolean Tags  (Read 587 times)

jspfeiffer@gmail.com

• View Profile
Alarm Display Creation using only Boolean Tags
« on: December 12, 2023, 12:47:18 AM »
I have been looking through all the forms trying to find the best way to have an alarm display using strictly boolean tags. The problem is I have 150 alarms I need to create. I dont know if I am using the MessageListByValue incorrectly or it simply will not work with that. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have already collected all the tags and wrote all the messages I want to display to the corresponding tag when true. Following that more than one condition can be true at a time so I would to show various Alarm messages at once.

I was curious if I could index my tags 1 -150 and then have the following messages be displayed when true.

Thanks in Advance
« Last Edit: December 12, 2023, 04:36:47 AM by jspfeiffer@gmail.com »

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: Alarm Display Creation using only Boolean Tags
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2023, 09:48:45 AM »
Are your alarm bits packed in a larger value type such as an INT or DINT?

jspfeiffer@gmail.com

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2023, 10:09:39 PM »
The way it is written, all of the Data Types are Boolean and I do not see where it falls under a bigger structure as suggested. I'm very surprised their is not an easier option for just (true or false) or (on and off) besides trying to falling under specific bits or using integers as intended in the structure of the code. I'm pretty new to VB and understanding how the back end communication code works would probably be useful because I feel like I'm just trying to get this working in the dark. Simply put my goal is when this value in the PLC is true post this message and when it is not remove the message. For context I have worked/programmed on Siemens Desigo and Ignition's Scada.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2023, 07:57:43 AM »
In version 3.99y there is a MessageListByItem that lets you select random booleans for message triggers.

jspfeiffer@gmail.com

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2023, 09:12:48 PM »
Well shoot... Im gonna look into that.

Thanks Archie